We Hi-Capa Trigger

Rhino

Got a WE Hi-Capa I'm attempting to fix, only problem is, nothing looks broken. My problem is that the hammer does not lock back. The trigger assembly functions fine, however, because the hammer is having problems, the pistol now is firing like an old sputter gun, cock the hammer and it fires until the slide locks back. The plunger springs are fine, the safety and rat tail is fine, the trigger is fine, I'm joogered trying to figure this out. At the least, could someone recommend a replacement trigger/hammer/assembly for this?

Based on your description (I am not familiar with 1911 internals), what ever mechanism that holds your hammer back is either broken or the spring is worn.

Nope, with the hi-capas, they use a different system for their trigger assembly than I'm used to. Specifically, there are three prongs that put pressure on different points, the hammer will cock back when disconnected from the plunger springs but will go back whereas with an m9 I might blame a cracked trigger assembly or a snapped return spring, this has no obvious problems and yes, I have been careful to check and make sure the plunger springs are hitting the right points.