Best Aeg To Customize

Zominic

I like the idea of the mosfet. I have one. It is of a differnt type tho. In my experience the trigger switch gets the most wear. I have also experienced difficulty getting the proper engagement with the yaw lever with the switch. So to prevent this difficulty, I would just wire in that MOSFET and skip replacing the factory switch. I believ it is possible.

Go with a "good" to "better" base gun to start with. You won't be sorry.

I could tell you how much it cost me to mod my Echo1 G36,but it would be embarrasing Let's just say that I tripled my initial investment.

• Upvote 1

^ yes that would be a good AEG

Seconded. When it comes to AEGs, you usually get what you pay for. In this case, it is a good buy, since it comes in already shooting 400 fps with good externals.

Like Rogue said, you get what you pay for.

ASGI and many other major online retailers have active coupon codes, I believe ASGI has one for 16% off still.

Good disciple for soldering is to have a CLEAN tip on the iron. It should be pre-tinned before using, also make sure to get the materials you are soldering together hot enough that the solder flows freely. Google it on Youtube. There are alot of guides for soldering.

Also, please don't use "butt" connectors. There is a reason why they call them that...

With the vibrations that an AEG has, the crimped wire in these connectors seem to fail quickly. Shrink wrapping the connectors may provide strain relief.

• Upvote 1

Go with a "good" to "better" base gun to start with. You won't be sorry.

Also, please don't use "butt" connectors. There is a reason why they call them that...

With the vibrations that an AEG has, the crimped wire in these connectors seem to fail quickly. Shrink wrapping the connectors may provide strain relief.

Agreed on both accounts.

Seconded. When it comes to AEGs, you usually get what you pay for. In this case, it is a good buy, since it comes in already shooting 400 fps with good externals.

unless they changed it, the last VFC SR15 that i chrono'd out of the box it shot 495fps. however that aside, anything VFC is, in my honest opinion, worth every penny. i have personally owned 4 and have worked on another 3. each one has been supurb.

unless they changed it, the last VFC SR15 that i chrono'd out of the box it shot 495fps. however that aside, anything VFC is, in my honest opinion, worth every penny. i have personally owned 4 and have worked on another 3. each one has been supurb.

:o If the parts can hold up to that long term, they should be plenty GTG.

:o If the parts can hold up to that long term, they should be plenty GTG.

yeah that lasted about 6 months before i swapped a lighter spring in. still has the same stock internals minus a few extras (sorbo and etc) to this day. the original VFC SR15's were tanks. 495fps at about 30 rps...absolute beasts.

Guys, I was not suggesting that butt connectors are the solution to this. I was simply saying that if you can't solder well, you can always use these, but they still need to be a heat shrunk, and possibly even electrical tape. This keeps out moisture and provides strain relief.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys so i have recently found a love for SR 15s where can i find a good one

King Arms makes a decent one for about $300, G&P makes one for about $400 and VFC makes one for about $400

the KA is going to be decent, but having used the VFC, i would go with that if i can get the money together.