Knife Kill Rules

lumpless

I don't know exactly were this should go so if its moved I'm sorry.

If you are knife killed and the killer says you can't talk can you still call yourself dead or do you just stay quiet and walk away in shame?

I know this could be a loaded topic.

its polite to just go back to respawn and not say anything, even to call yourself out. i had issues with that at KISS, its annoying, but i got over it. If the person has enough skill to sneak all the way up to you and kill you, do the polite thing and dont say anything (its also funny to just watch as they continue to knife kill people.

I view it as "dead men dont talk" i know that typically applies to if you are dead and waiting on a medic, but if you think about it, you have zero need to call hit....the guy isnt shooting at you so there is no need to get his attention to let him know you are hit by yellng "HIT". if you do call hit, from a knife kill standpoint, thats the equivelent of yelling "HES OVER HERE".

• Upvote 4

The way I've done it before in CQB type matches, knife kills are treated as "stealth kills" meaning the killed player just walks out dead rag on and follows the typical dead rules. As a point, I'd say with the discrepancy with bang/knife/close kills, these sort of things need to be clarified in the event.

• Upvote 1

You need to play. In game conditions, knife kills are quite self-explainatory.

Yep. Dead men don't talk, no matter how they were killed. ;)

"Do you want to know why I use a knife? Guns are too quick. You can't savor all the... little emotions. In... you see, in their last moments, people show you who they really are. So in a way, I know your friends better than you ever did. Would you like to know which of them were cowards?" -Joker, TDK

I figued this was pretty simple and everyone else pretty much nailed it. But I am going to go just a little bit deeper (INCEPTION). When you are shot and hit you call your hit to do 2 things in airsoft. One it lets the player who shot you know that he/she has shot you in case they can not see the death rag. Two it prevents you from getting shot more (in theory). Some events require you to yell violently and fall down when you are hit to act like you have been really shot. But in a game with no medics there is no reason to actually "call" your hit because "dead men do not talk" as long as you acknowledge you are hit and put your death rag on you can bleed out and head to respawn or what have you. Calling your hit is a courtesy to the player who shot you and to yourself. Now in a game that has medics and so forth calling hit or for a medic lets the medic know that you need healed so they can get you back in the game. Now think of it in "real world" terms, if someone sneaks up on you and stabs you with a knife are they going to stab you in the arm or leg and walk away leaving you to scream and yell for help? Chances are they will slash your throat and leave you to gurgle in a pile of your own blood to die...quietly. So there really is no need to call for a medic especially if your pretend throat has been cut. Hell maybe from now on all knife kills should just bleed out and or go straight back to respawn with no chance to be headed by a medic.

*EDIT. Please note Lumpless that asking about "rules" in general discussion on AI is kind of vague. Since AI does not have a standard ruleset. There is a general one that most accept as such but technacally is not set in stone and may be changed by who ever is hosting. Each event posted is treated as a new and seperate event, meaning rules may vary depending on who is hosting. So make sure to ask the EO/host of the events you plan to attend because their ruleset may be different then others. For example I may change my knife kill/bang kill rules into more of a sack tap/ tea bag rule. :ph34r:

PS. If none of that block of text made sense to anyone else you can blame the meds I took today. I am sick and only take meds if I REALLY need to. Today was one of those days...

~Joker

• Upvote 2

Joker hit more of how I feel about them. My big issue with knife kills though is people who jump around a corner and yell "knife/bang kill". Thats horse crap, if they had a gun pointed at you, you would be mowed down. A knife kill means you snuck up on someone and are able to PHYSICALLY tap them with something and they wouldn't know you were there until they feel you tapping them.

I could go on and on about this but I wont. I'll leave it at if you can physically touch someone and they dont know you are there, then you can knife kill them and that should be the only time you do not shoot.

IMO, knife kill = no ability to be medic'ed or call for one. If someone pulled a blade across my neck from ear to ear I doubt I'd be yelling for help. lol the purpose of it in airsoft to me basically means you were owned so badly you probably deserve penalty time like a 15 minute silent bleed out in a corner with your thumb in your mouth. Also I agree with Rob, no jumping out yelling "KNIFE!" because that's how Modern Warfare assassins do.

IMO, knife kill = no ability to be medic'ed or call for one. If someone pulled a blade across my neck from ear to ear I doubt I'd be yelling for help. lol the purpose of it in airsoft to me basically means you were owned so badly you probably deserve penalty time like a 15 minute silent bleed out in a corner with your thumb in your mouth. Also I agree with Rob, no jumping out yelling "KNIFE!" because that's how Modern Warfare assassins do.

But-but... I have unlocked Commando Pro!!!!!!! I can knifez from 15 feetz away!

• Upvote 2

You guys are going to think I'm a dick :blink: , But to tell you all the truth..........

I have never been knifed, :smiley-taunt:

The closet somebody got was at OP:NL, I was walking back to the squad, I saw Peli up in the catwalk. and a freaking Tan guy came up behind me :o

But, the fuck*r didn't knife me, he said bang-bang real quitely, hell I almost forgot what to do, because I started to yell for a medic but quickly shut-up, and gave him a thumbs up , and told him to go get some. ( I think peli took cared of his ass a few minutes later)

Personal opinion, is knife kills should be physical contact, and there should be no potential to medic the player(s). If you can get the drop on five guys, and run through tagging them all with a rubber knife, you have my permission to be called a bad ass. Bang kills are for tricks and skanks.

This is just me, but this is personally what goes through my head when I get them;

nomoretearsbambi.jpg