Mag Mid Cap Problem.

Orion

I bought some MAG mid caps for my G&G CM M4. I put one in and it wasnt feeding. So I lubed and loaded and unloaded them a few times. I tried different speedloaders and everything. I soon found out that I have to hold the mag about a cm up into the mag well. They are 100 rd mid caps and I am using an 11.1v lipo if that helps.

First off, unless you have heavily upgraded the internals I would not recommend a lipo in a Combat Machine. Which leads to what the problem might be, the lipo. It could be it is shooting so fast the mag is not able to feed. However, I think this is unlikely. MAG is a quality brand and usually feeds. What else it might be is the mag isn't fitting in the magwell properly, this is very common. All you must do is see what part isn't fitting and file it down.

I bought some MAG mid caps for my G&G CM M4. I put one in and it wasnt feeding. So I lubed and loaded and unloaded them a few times. I tried different speedloaders and everything. I soon found out that I have to hold the mag about a cm up into the mag well. They are 100 rd mid caps and I am using an 11.1v lipo if that helps.

I have those mags as well... they do not feed well sarge.. i guarantee its not the gun..

I took the spring out and cleaned them, let them dry and put them back together and they still jam..

the spring gets stuck on the end side of the magazine while pushing the bb's up..

i've used them in a combat machine with a 9.6 it is not that the bb's won't go up fast enough

From the Information i've collected newer MAG brand magazines are junk. which is why mine are on the classifieds.

some of the followers on them are not shaped right and some have factory burs that need to be sanded off

The fundamental problem is that your weapon system is not pushing the retainer tab back to allow BBs to be released in to the hop-up unit. Generally speaking, this is not a problem caused by a gun, but by the magazines.

You only have a few options:

1. If the tab is at least being somewhat engaged with the inlet of your hop-up unit, you can file down the tab. If you do this, do it GRADUALLY, since over sanding it will ruin the magazine (your mag will not be able to hold any BBs.
  2. Get new magazines. I recommend the new KWA 120 rnd. Reviews say they feed flawlessly in everying, including KWA AEGs (which are notorious for short hop-up inlets). $59.99 for 6. Other good brands include King Arms and MagPul Green boxes.

The key will be to go to a store with your weapon system and TEST them all before buying. Reputable stores do not have a problem with this and even encourage it. CCAE in Huntington & Airsoft Smith in Ohio, are good stores among others.

As for the LiPo - Combat Machine comments, the internals in your Combat Machine are the same as a stock G&G, so you should be OK, but know you will wear our your components quicker. To ensure longevity, you will want to shave the second tooth on your piston and may want to consider an AOE. Stock G&G's have poly-carbonate pistons, so you will likely want to have a back-up on stand-by for when it goes down.

Thanks Sarge, and I would just like to add that I just purchased MAG AK74 100rd mid-caps and had the same problem.

It's the mags. I have heard alot that the newer mag mags are bad for not feeding well . I will say the VN mags from Mag brand work really nice in my m-4's and my m-14 with a conversion to use m-4 mags.

yep was about 1 and a half years they went down hill.

Correct. When they made the switch from the actual black magazines (good hard, thick plastic) to the two-piece grey ones, the quality went downhill fast.

So, it you have actual black ones, you should be good. Grey... not so much.

I think it's hit or miss on the batch of MAG mags that you get! I purchased an 8 box set a couple months ago, the grey ones, and they are flawless, with no feeding issues! Granted I use an 8.4 and 9.6 battery, but Rogue let me use a Lipo at NL3 and it never jammed one time! With that being said, I don't believe that ALL newer MAG brand mags are bad! At least not in my case!