Altes KWA SR12

BigAltes

So here is my KWA SR12 that I have been working on all winter and this spring. I pick this gun up last spring 2011

kwasr12006.jpg

kwasr12007.jpg

kwasr12008.jpg

The run down on the mods that I have done

A.O.E (angle of engagement) This is one of the best mods that I have learned to do, done it to all my rifle’s and have not strip a piston yet, even running 130 springs for some of my DMR setup’s

http://www.airsoft-indiana.com/forum/index.php/topic/688-correcting-the-angle-of-engagement-of-an-aeg-piston/

Next I did the hair trigger mod, I really hated the long trigger pull most air soft rifle’s have so I saw some ware how you can put some J.B weld on the back of your trigger that rest on the gearbox, let it dry over night, sand it smooth, and put a real steel trigger spring on and BAM, just pull back 1 or 2 Millimeters and you are good to go

UPDATE 1-1-13 Added a tuneable trigger from airsoft world and made by speed airsoft Canada.

Next I put in a hard Firefly bucking (fucking supper hard to find) but they work better in the KWA than the 2G bucking (they are both the same design) then did the nail mod on the Nub, works like a charm from 350 fps all the up to 450 fps.

Added the The KM Head 1950 series 6.02mm / 509mm high performance TB barrel was made specifically for the KWA KM16 BR / SR12. It has been tested and approved to be used in KWA KM4 series, it is a Nickel Teflon Coated Brass Barrel. The KM Head 6.02mm / 509mm TB barrels have shown improvements in both range and accuracy.

509mm Length Tightbore Barrel 6.02mm Inner Diameter

MADE IN JAPAN

Had the 6.1 edgi barrel last year but really didn’t like it, I feel that this one is much better, shot about 30 thousand rounds this season so far, and it is only getting better

Put the ASCU mosfet in and really love this, tried the extreme fire fet last year, but had nothing but trouble with 3 of those.

Added a new sight

http://www.amazon.com/Truglo-Red-Dot-Tru-Brite-Open-Dot-Multi/dp/B004Z5BX8E

Over the past years I tried a lot of different red dots and eotech clones and found I just didn’t like them, then I got this and it’s the best of both worlds. Freaking love it

I Just added the g&p short stock

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=25_113_556&products_id=27101

My gun is not the shortest around so I needed a way to make it a little more maneuverable, seams to be working nicely ..

Also I only run 11.1 lipos with this KWA and my back-up KWA SR10

UPDATE

Video for my lastest mod

I recall getting blasted by this thing saturday, Nice looking gun man. Ill vouch for how well it screams when pointed at you from 2 feet.

I recall getting blasted by this thing saturday, Nice looking gun man. Ill vouch for how well it screams when pointed at you from 2 feet.

Oh shit, that's not good..........Sorry with my bad eyes I thought you were at least 5 feet away :frantics:

Ehh no big, If it was a big deal i wouldn't be playing airsoft. any ways how did you go about that hexing in the paint? that is some sexy stuff right there.

Edited by Ender

try this link

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=paint+snakskin&oq=paint+snakskin&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_l=youtube.3...2790.7508.0.7788.14.14.0.0.0.0.82.1045.14.14.0...0.0.gtWDzNUqJSU

I laid a base coat of Khaki, then put down some fish net then used Brown, tan and a little od

Really took my time, took the gun completely apart, cleaned, then put a lot of matt clear on

That thing is sickness. I could always tell where you were by the sound of the fire. Great gun, Altes.

• Upvote 1

• 7 months later...

Mad props! Can't wait to see this bad boy rip in person, so we can add this to the list of mods for mine right?

Will always try to help out a teammate ;)

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...