Unconventional Airsoft

Bear

So I had a few ideas for some unconventional airsoft games.

1. US forces/S.H.I.E.L.D vs HYDRA - US force and Shield will be conventional military camo patterns. Hydra will be black bdu's. Bonus points for anyone who has appropriate Shield/Hydra patches. Missions will be based around comic book stuff. This would mainly be an excuse for me to run around the field with a Captain America shield and a 1911.

2. G.I.JOE vs Cobra - Joes will wear military gear of varying patterns like in the shows and comics. Cobra will be in Blue gear. Bonus points for Cobra patches and yelling "COBRA!!" or "YO JOE!" when initiating an attack against the enemy.

So, do you guys have any weird or unconventional airsoft games you'd like to play?

To be honest, that is not "unconventional." It is still a standard force on force scenario.

Unconventional is Rob's Zombie game, severely limited ammo games, etc.

Well without force on force airsoft would be kind of lame. I used the term rather loosely I'll admit(extremely loose in fact), but most ops you go to seems to be US vs Bad guys.

Like I said, stuff like this mostly just an excuse for me to make a Captain America inspired loadout and run around with the shield and a pistol. However because of most Op rules on camouflage, I couldn't do something like that. Open play days are another matter altogether.

Well without force on force airsoft would be kind of lame. I used the term rather loosely I'll admit(extremely loose in fact), but most ops you go to seems to be US vs Bad guys.

Like I said, stuff like this mostly just an excuse for me to make a Captain America inspired loadout and run around with the shield and a pistol. However because of most Op rules on camouflage, I couldn't do something like that. Open play days are another matter altogether.

Oh, I see where you are going with that line of thinking.

In that case, many of the larger Ops do not use US forces, instead opting to create fictional entities. For example, Breedland has "Caesar" and "Domingo."

I do like the idea of Captain America. Especially if the shield hits are not counted...

I think a prison break scenario would be cool.

*Prison Guards

vs

*Prisoners

Would make for some decent riot gear and prisoners using whatever they find.

Would be cool for some objective style play.

-Prisoners have taken over a section of the prison (We'll say the cafeteria), taking out officers who were equipped with a few riot shields - to give the prisoners some starting equipment. (Maybe some "Chiv's" (knives) and/or a "Stun gun" (pistol)

-Prisoners must make their way with whatever they find off the fallen officers, riot shield, helmets, cafeteria tables, etc - whatever they can use to defend themselves. - They are trying to work their way to the Ammo and Weapons room/closet (This is where prisoner players would keep the equipment they brought to the match)

-Guards have not received orders to use lethal force - therefore they can only use "bean bags" and smoke and stuns. This will give the prisoners the opportunity to be able to be hit, but not going down permanently. Object for Prison Guards is to get close enough to "knife kill" which in this case would be cuffing the prisoners with handcuffs.

-Medics on the Prisoners side would actually be "Locksmiths" and would pick the handcuffs to let the prisoners continue to keep moving forward - if medics can't get to them, either prisoners are stuck, or they have to go back to spawn after 5 minutes (Depends on rules I guess)

-Once prisoners reach Arms Closet, that is when the Prison Guards get the order to use "lethal" force.

-Prisoners then must get to a "control" room where they have to unlock the front gates/maybe unlock the rest of the prison cells where more prisoners can assist

-Prisoners must work their way out the entrance or a back exit (Preferably having multiple exits to keep the play interesting and not bottle neck the gameplay.

-If prisoners can make it to the gates, they win. If Prison Officers can push them back, kill or arrest the prisoners, they win.

I just made this up off the cuff (granted, it's probably been done before), but it sounds like a ton of fun, especially if it was in some run down building :)

Edited by Fraya!

I think a boy versus girl would be fun like a complete airsoft team of just girls in camo bikini tops with full auto aegs sounds nice lol sorry guys just had to put it

• Upvote 1

I think a boy versus girl would be fun like a complete airsoft team of just girls in camo bikini tops with full auto aegs sounds nice lol sorry guys just had to put it

For starters, you obviously haven't seen most of the girls who actually play airsoft....

• Upvote 2

Dude i'd have to walk off of the field if they came out in bikinis.. boned while playing Airsoft is not winning.. lol. (18 and over, that came out wrong..)

Edited by Archfiend

The girls I know that play airsoft seriously would beat all your lilly asses hands down.

The girls I know that play airsoft seriously would beat all your lilly asses hands down.

like a lilly pad?? that floats on water?

if there hands are down do they shoot with there toes??

Harvest i'm so confused.. :huh:

• Upvote 1

I want to do a sort or "Running Man" or "The Most Dangerous Game" type of game... Where 3 or 4 people are sent out in a large area and Hunted by better equipt small squads of 4 guys...

I want to do a sort or "Running Man" or "The Most Dangerous Game" type of game... Where 3 or 4 people are sent out in a large area and Hunted by better equipt small squads of 4 guys...

I volunteer ModSquad to be the test dummies!! :lol:

I have thought about trying this type of game for awhile...

Take like 4 guys ... give the a pistol, 2 mags each....

1. Give them like a 5 minute head start... Have objectives for them to complete

2. Then send out the "Hunters"

Could fun

I have thought about trying this type of game for awhile... Take like 4 guys ... give the a pistol, 2 mags each.... 1. Give them like a 5 minute head start... Have objectives for them to complete 2. Then send out the "Hunters" Could fun
That sound like a sick idea........I like it!!!

It does sound pretty sweet. Maybe we could convince Corman11 to let us do a version of this in the schoolhouse as well, for the urban setting.

I have always thought about doing something that is more along the lines of an actual fire fight. Sometimes it gets old doing the whole "Ok, Team A is going to move to/assault/defend/destroy this area, and Team B is going to be there to counter whatever they do."

I was thinking about having Team A be given a multi-objective mission with a certain amount of time to reach each checkpoint or complete their mission, i.e. "Follow this creek on your map to Point A. Here you will have x minutes to (insert interesting task to complete) and then move on to Point B. Point B is a jammed area for foreign radios and it is here you will set up a radio antennae to communicate back to base in order to ensure everything has been executed correctly and that the mission is still a go. You will then split into two groups and send most of your firepower (Fire Squad) straight towards Point C. It is here that Fire Squad will encounter resistance. Your other group (Recon Squad) will need to focus on stealth, longer range shots, and reconnaissance. They will be circling around Point C towards the northwest and then infiltrating in order to (insert interesting and challenging task). Fire Squad's job will be to make sure all of the enemy forces are distracted towards the south end of Point C and away from Recon Squad." So on and so on...

Now heres the fun part.. Instead of getting the fight at Point C, Team B will be aware of these plans and will try to surprise attack or ambush Team A before they even get to Point B. Now as I think about it, this does seem a little unfair, and could possibly lead to Team A being wiped out without a chance. This scenario would really only work if Team B is a lot smaller than Team A. A better alternative would have Team B being informed of enemy forces in the area and moving to a certain location in order to stop them. The direction of their movement would eventually clash the two forces before Team A even gets to Point B. And yes, they haven't been to Point B so they haven't been able to (and can't) contact their command back at base. Then the battle ensues, and becomes a race against time (or something that makes things difficult and challenging) for Team A to finish their mission.

Now of course, this event could be won by either team. There is also a lot of room for more details, improvements, or other fun activities. Also, unless doing the 'Team B ambush' scenario, neither team will know of the other's plans. Team A will believe they have some long task to complete, and Team B will believe they are going to stop enemy forces at a random location.

I know this idea could be heavily faulted, but it seemed interesting to me, and I guess it's uncoventional. Well that's just my .02 cents.. What do you guys think?

Having been lurking over on the Illinois Airsoft boards (one of the few airsoft forums I can access at work), I remember seeing a game I thought would be awesome to play in. It was a Fallout inspired game, less force on force and a bit more roleplay. Anywho, here's a link to their game discussion thread- http://www.illinoisairsoft.com/index.php?topic=14061.msg0;boardseen#new

The missus got me hooked on Fallout, as she's a big fan of those game, and if I could have I totally would have went to this when they ran it. Hopefully they run one next year, if not I may have to try and run one here in Indiana at one of our fields. VBR sounds like it would be a good choice for this.

• Upvote 1

Unconventional warfare.

TEAMS:

Insurgents - 3-8 people

Tribal Civilians - 10-15 people

Special Forces - 5-7 people

Special Forces enter tribal area to meet with civilian tribal leader. Special Forces vows to protect area and help create relations with surrounding tribes to drive out Taliban. Special Forces goes back to FOB. Gets reports of Taliban attacking civilians. Moves to tribal civilian area, finds out Taliban killed two goats and a cow and destroyed a bunch of crops. Special Forces reasures civilian tribal leaders that they will protect them and help create relations with surrounding tribes. Special Forces gives civilians a bunch of useless crap/MREs/bottled water, and a boat-load of money (US currency), to show good faith, and to spread amongst the tribe.

Special Forces spends hours waiting for potential attack, but nothing happens. As Special Forces move out, they are met with spuratic small arms fire and a potential IED, which holds them up for about five hours before it is cleared. The rest of their trip to their FOB is uneventful.

The next day, they receive intel that a neighboring tribe is holding a Taliban figher and a cashe of weapons. Upon arrival, they are met with the original tribal leader, which the Special Forces thank him and provide him with more useless crap/food/water and more money, to help with the members of the tribe he just adopted. Special Forces take the suspected fighter (whom was the neighboring tribal leader), and the original tribal leader goes back to his own tribe. As Special Forces are about to leave, they are met with random small arms fire and a suspected IED that holds them up for a few hours. The rest of their trip to their FOB is uneventful.

As time moves on, Special Forces complete about 80 more missions like the ones above, and the original tribe leader gains leadership of most surrounding tribes, and hordes all the useless items and money for his own tribe. While the neglected tribes try to survive, the young men in the tribe grow angry at the Coalition Forces, and rally to find the Taliban to help them. Who do they go to? The original tribal leader with all the stuff, money and power.

The game is over when either team gets tired of this crap, and quits.

(this was meant as a joke - laugh it up, fuzzball)