V.B.R Zombie game

BigAltes

Man I sure did sleep good last night, and I have a feeling that the rest of you did to :P. First let's all thank Rob for putting on a great event, believe it or not this was my first zombie game and it wont be my last, and speaking of not being my last, playing at the Vally Branch Retreat will definitely be on top of my list again, this place is cool.

Up's

1. great weather, when it got dark, it was a star lit sky, PERFECT

2. good mix of vets and noobs, These simple games are a great chance to teach some of the first time players what they need for this sport (game, lol)

3. Cool field, can't wait for a bigger, more detailed game. (hint,hint)

4. seeing most of "Team Indiana" and thinking how good they will be in 2 months ;)

Down's

!. Rogue getting hurt in the first game, This man drove 3+ hours then rolls his freaking ankle in the first game, did he quit, hell no boys and girls he stuck it out all night long in pain.....you Rock

2. really wanted to play one more game after the zombie game, but people were getting cold and even my ess turbo fans was having problems fogging late

3. it looks like I cooked another motor, so I had to play in semi-only for most of the day. ( already fixed )

So Let me say goodbye with some videos

This one for you, Vacceo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbT8y23bm_I

and from the zombie game, this is the first squad that went out into the ZOMBIE ZONE :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7S9pUWkj64&feature=channel&list=UL

I told you guys that you would LOVE this field. It is very challenging physically but to me that adds to the fun.

I have welts on my chest, hands, and face from being shot so much at point blank all night. So in Joker terms that means I had a great time! It was good seeing some friendly faces and meeting some new ones. And after watching the first squad go through I have no doubts that at NL we will be a death machine. Zombie Joker got to feast on your brains, I couldnt ask for much more. I even made it back home in time to hang with some friends by a fire and have a drink or 4.

Rogue I hope your ankle heals soon.

Great job Rob and Peli, thanks for hosting. Thanks everyone for coming out to the game. Hopefully I will see you all soon.

~Joker

I had a great time overall, it was great seeing an above expected number of people there.

Pros:

-Above expected attendance with some new players getting out for an AI game for the first time

-The field was awesome again- very cool during the day and the night

-Event was well coordinated despite having to change a few things about the zombie game last minute

Downs:

-I'm tired as hell

Can't wait for another VBR game :D

POST PICTURES PLOX :D :D :D

Over all this event was winningg! i had a great time and i'm sure everyone else did to. it was extremely fun, and the cold didn't really bother me.

Rob, and Peli like before you guys put on a great zombie game.

i'm for sure going to the next VBR game as well.

Pros

the attendance was sweet, hopefully we impressed the owner

the field let alone was worth the price like joker said

running with modsquad all day was funn.

cons

the zombie missions wasn't that long or complicated but its expected with a field that hilly, people would of got lazy fast

the zombies had a major upper hand, which isn't really a bad thing, but because they only had to knee for 30 seconds they could surround easy and alot of teams didn't get far because of that.

i wasn't able to kill harvest because he was on my team :( lol.

best part of the day for me= first game me and eagle flanked the other team and finished them off with the help of assassin and 50 inch and won.

Edited by Archfiend

Pros

1.First zombie game, not the last.

2.Valley Branch great field

3.Weather was perfect

4.Gnawing on BigAltes' arm

Cons

1.Left early

2.Only 3 from our team came

Thanks to Turner and Peli. Only regret is that I didnt abandon my team. Being that this was my first zombie game I was really expecting to learn something and I did. Mod squad well done.

• Upvote 1

Pros:

1. All the zombies taking part and getting close to the survivors to provide the challenge

2. Props

3. Valley Branch Retreat. Awesome place. Hope for more games here and hopefully we did impress the owner.

Cons:

1. What's a P90???????? :wacko: lol

After the zombie game a few of us played a quick skirmish at the Village. There was one light to illuminate the place, but halfway through the game the light went out making for an intense end to the night.

• Upvote 1

Okay Finally getting around to this today. I slept A LOT.... HAHA. Thanks again to everyone who showed up. I cant believe the number of players who showed up from Muncie! I think we were almost 25 percent of the group! Glad to meet some new faces from the area. Was also nice meeting the other new players and some guys from ASL.

Pro's

1. Great turn out

2. Paintballers not wanting to play in the cold weather allowed us access to the other fields.

3. Zombie's actually going after survivors! Usually people are afraid of getting shot, you guys were relentless this game!

4. Watching all the teams well made plans go to hell as soon as people started getting turned! :lol:

5. Talking everyone in my car's ears off on the way there and back! HAHA

Con's

1. Had to change the night scenario.... :( If you guys knew what the original plan was you would have killed me. I think what we ended with was a happy solution albeit not a perfect one, it did seem stressful and fun for everyone.

2. Rogue hurting himself.

3. Colder weather

4. Not getting to do the traditional meet and greet at the end of the game. Should have done it at the start, live and learn.

5. Not getting to run with my team and having to watch them all get slaughtered by Altes and his chainsaws. :lol:

Shout out's

1. Rogue, Like altes said, you are a trooper man. Also thanks for letting me throw you in as an objective in the night part! :lol: (Help me I've falling and I cant get up!)

2. Peli and 50 - Thanks for helping get people's motivated and there gear to/from the back end of the field at night.

3. Everyone for showing up and giving VBR a chance. The field is rough and it wears on you quickly. Imagine playing that whole field for hours... I'm sure that game will be upon us soon so get in shape! :P

Again, thanks everyone for showing up and being good sports with the weather, game play, and changes to the night portion. I hppe to see many more of you out on the field this year. Each game I make it to this year I see more and more new faces and many return faces like PainOrgan. I am foreseeing a strong airsoft season this year!

One note I do want to make as I did here some complaining about this. The goggles and FPS rules were not mine, the field owner dictates what they want done at their field. Its your responsibility to know the rules before hand and to plan appropriately.

I am not sure if he will see this or even post on here (or if he has an account on here or not). We did have one semi serious injury besides Rogue hurting his ankle. I believe his callsign is Maverick, he is one of the ASL guys in attendance and the one that accidentally fell in the huge ravine by the bridge. I guess he broke 3 toes and has a bruised ankle. I talked to him on FB about it today for a bit and he said it was no big deal and just "part of playing airsoft". So he kept a positive attitude about it and said he had a blast. Just thought id let everyone know.

~Joker

Status Update: Looks to just be a severe sprain or "strain." Its still the size of a small grapefruit, but I will live to play again.

A special "Thank You" goes out to the following:

Harvest- The medical help, wrapping, and good-natured support was great to have.

50- I was NOT making up an down that hill, so the ride was much appreciated.

On a wider note, what I was impressed with was the professionalism of everyone when the injury happened. Everyone relayed the "man down" code, stopped firing, and waited. That makes dealing with these potentially hairy situations much easier.

Now, onto my AAR:

It may be the INAC in me, but the game felt much "looser" that ones I have been to recently. That is NOT a bad thing, just a different management style that worked surprisingly well. For example, INAC games would have chrono open at certain times, but Rob had everyone chrono at once. I liked it in retrospect.

Pros:

-Field was a hoot. I know many larger players may not like the hills, but I am a fan of how the break up the usual straight-on combat.

-The night game was fully creepy.

-Meeting people that I rarely get to see. Its nice to break out of your home area and meet old comrades.

Cons:

-It got too cold for most GBBs. Too bad for the zombie part!

-Rules were not posted easily in advance or not obvious enough I missed them.

-A few n00bs did not call hits they should have (grazing hits, brims of hats, etc). I called a few out, but I am sure they will learn over time. Everyone was good natured!

Things of note:

-Kudos to the nursing lady who managed to survive the third round. She was able pick me up and make it without raising too much alarm.

Final Thought:

-I would not do a night game there. The hills are terrible and there is plenty of sticks and fallen timber (not to mention ravines) that can cause ankle-related problems.

-GREAT place for day games where someone can see where they are going.

Since I was only a sprain, I hope that the other fellow gets in the fight soon!

I am not sure if he will see this or even post on here (or if he has an account on here or not). We did have one semi serious injury besides Rogue hurting his ankle. I believe his callsign is Maverick, he is one of the ASL guys in attendance and the one that accidentally fell in the huge ravine by the bridge. I guess he broke 3 toes and has a bruised ankle. I talked to him on FB about it today for a bit and he said it was no big deal and just "part of playing airsoft". So he kept a positive attitude about it and said he had a blast. Just thought id let everyone know.

~Joker

Oh wow... I saw him take that spill but he got up and ran away. I'm glad that he is alright sad he got hurt though.

AAR and video to come.

Who was the nursing chick? I seriously want to know, never seen this person before.

Great game Rob and Peli, very well done.

Pros:

1.) VBR HOORAY

2.) NIGHT GAME HOORAY

3.) ZOMBIE GAME HOORAY

4.) ZOMBIE NIGHT GAME HOORAY

Cons:

1.) LITTLE FIVE AND IU BOO

2.) Squad Cohesion

The video shows it pretty well. Thing is guys, you NEVER leave a man behind, in play army or for real. If 20 get injured trying to get to one, so be it. You NEVER leave anyone behind, everyone stays on the bounce, and everyone makes retrieval or no one makes retrieval.

When people started dying and it got crowded, squad cohesion went right to dick. That's the most critical time to pull together, remember sometimes little white bbs will be the least of your problems. No one took command of the squad, and hey I'll take responsibility for that. Or if anyone did take command of the squad they weren't very vocal about it.

Kudos to Fifty and Altes for talking it up and keeping some semblance of communication going till the world went to dick shreds and we all got our shit disturbed by zombies.

Unfortunately stress inoculation and panic situations are not something most people have experience with outside of airsoft, which is ok, it's just play army afterall.

Future reference gentlemen, when the world goes to shit, circle your wagons and prepare for glory.

great game rob and peli and a big thanks to the awsome people at the VBR they have a great facility. i wish more of SIPA would have been there but you cant always expect everyone to make games.

Pros:

great feild.

tons of new faces.

climbing that hill.

sliding down that hill.

killcam failing at p90's.

being a zombie was great.

poncho geting randomly shot in the chin.

cons:

passing the turn of to get there.

my guns but plate getting stuck before going out.

hills andme being fat.

rouge hurting his ancle.

not making it far in zombies :( then i had to drink the freakin antidote.

Had a great time, big thanks to Turner and Peli for putting this on.

Pros:

1. Not waiting till october to play a zombie game.

2. The field was awesome lots of stuff and terrain to break up line of sight.

3. Finally go to meet some of the people here on this board.

4. Nearly eveyone played very well and followed rules. (only recall two hits not taken all day but they were remmedied with follow-ups)

5. Nice to see props instead of boxes with duct tape labels

6. Weather was decent, cold was easily forgotten about(unlike Red Dawn 2)

7. The bridge was an excellent choke point in favor of zombies.

Cons:

1: Didn't use the machete I made specifically for this event.

2: Hills were a bit of a pain.

3. Didn't get to say goodbye to everyone or introduce myself to many.

4. Having an hour of down time before the zombie game, would have loved at least one other quick game.

I hope to see you guys again in the near future.

• 2 weeks later...

Well its a little late but heres my AAR

Thanks Rob and Peli for hosting this event you guys did a great job

Pros

First zombie game and wont be my last

great field

lots of players (new and old)

good sportsmanship

weather was great

Cons

the hour break before zombie game

the field at night was pretty dangerous (hills and lots of sticks sticking up)

rouge hurt his ankle on first game

also learned the importance of a flahlight after my whole team got eaten by zombies and left me alone in the dark with the zombies