gas guns

The Punisher

I am still looking for a gun and now I think I want a gas sniper what do other people use ?

I still want a MP5 is there anyone that makes a gas MP5? I have been looking at the svds can I upgrade them ?

also is there any places near Frankfort to play big games?

A gas sniper? Is that a dude that farts like mad when shooting?

The only existing SVDS is a springer from Ares and I don't know if it's even released as of now.

As far as I know, the only MP5 you can get in gas is a Well K model and it looks like a piece of shit.

SRC is in the process of making MP5 GBBRs, along with VFC already releasing their GBBR Mp5 which is a very solid gun. KJW makes the M700 gas sniper rifle which is a great gun, however it can be better if you put a HPA rig on it. Do remember, gas guns work like crap in colder weather so you might want to get an AEG too as a back up or to use during colder weather.

.... put a HPA rig on it. ....

This will solve all your worldly problems.... :D HPA doesn't suffer like CO2 and propane do from cold temps.

I tried a year or so ago to convert everything I had to gas in mag gas guns and had limited success. The WE gas rifles had to be torn down and rebuilt lubed and cleaned after every game. FPS was erratic and varied with temp. They are a blast to play with but you can be afraid to work on your guns if you go that route. mags are expensive and real caps kinda suck some times

• Upvote 1

I am still looking for a gun and now I think I want a gas sniper what do other people use ?

I still want a MP5 is there anyone that makes a gas MP5? I have been looking at the svds can I upgrade them ?

also is there any places near Frankfort to play big games?

Clarification would be very helpful:

-Theres a lot of gas sniper rifles out there, but most veterans will tell you an upgraded spring action is far better: consistency and reliability are crucial

-VFC has released their gas MP5. Well makes an MP5K and so does Maruzen, which is OOP and much more difficult to find

-In reference to "svds", do you mean SVD-S (the actual model) or SVD's (plural SVD)? Very different...

-Ares makes an SVD-S, it has been released but it is only in Asia as far as I know. Aftermath makes a clone of the Ares model and is available in the US. They are both spring action. it has a shorter barrel, pistol grip, and a folding stock: designed for VDV sharpshooters (real steel)

-There's a couple different SVD's on the market, unfortunately they are becoming the L96 of the airsoft world. A&K, "Matrix", and a variety of off brands make clone SVD springers. They are clones of the old AtoZ/King Arms SVD, which was also spring action

-AEG variants of the SVD exist, notably Real Sword. A clone of the RS SVD is the S&T, which is reported to be a very nice clone, much like their PPSh41 clone.

-A GBB version exists from G&P but it is very rare and difficult to find. Real Sword just announced they are releasing a GBB SVD recently, but it has yet to be released.

Can you upgrade them? The answer is yes (but I'm not sure about the G&P, I don't have enough research on it). All of the springers take VSR10 parts I believe. Some parts are proprietary from model to model (such as hop up units), but barrels, buckings, nubs, springs, sears, etc. are all TM compatible VSR parts. The AEGs have proprietary internals, but are otherwise upgradeable like any other AEG.

I would stay away from gas sniper rifles unless you plan to get an HPA conversion kit for something. Springers make much better platforms to upgrade and use for Indiana weather.

• Upvote 1

thanks for the replys I bought a l96 off a friend and the whole cold weather thing with gas so i am getting a AEG but still don't know what I want.