Sign in to follow this  
Nox

WE Tech mag leaking

The mag i have is leaking near the top by the valve that gets pressed when shooting. I dont have much of a history with gas mags so im not sure if this is where they all leak or not. Anyways, ive taken the valve out and the O-rings seem to be fine, but i didnt inspect them too thoroughly. The mag is Co2

Whats happening is, when i put in the cartridge and screw in the cap that punctures it, the gas instantly starts leaking out from the valve and doesnt stop until there is about 25% of it left in there. Would this need the rings replaced, a new loading nozzle, etc ?

The mag i have is leaking near the top by the valve that gets pressed when shooting. I dont have much of a history with gas mags so im not sure if this is where they all leak or not. Anyways, ive taken the valve out and the O-rings seem to be fine, but i didnt inspect them too thoroughly. The mag is Co2

Whats happening is, when i put in the cartridge and screw in the cap that punctures it, the gas instantly starts leaking out from the valve and doesnt stop until there is about 25% of it left in there. Would this need the rings replaced, a new loading nozzle, etc ?

A little necro, but since no one responded, I'll do it.

Your knocker valve is what is leaking.. and while your o-rings may not be damaged, they are also not fully sealing. Remove the shell off your magazine (if it's anything like the green gas m4s, there should be a small screw at the bottom) .. what you'll be faced with is the innards of your WE mag. You will need a valve key .. or.. an old inner barrel, to get that knocker valve out. Either pick up a valve key or cut down an old inner barrel so that you have 2 nubs opposite each other that can act like a screw driver.. slot it in the valve and remove it. Grab some silicone lube .. like AirsoftInnovation's tornado lube.. and a shot glass. Pour yourself a shot of lube and drop in your knocker valve so that your o-rings get a good soak. Leave for a day, come back, let them drip off, and place them back in your mags, reassemble and see. Hopefully the oil has "resurrected" your orings and they will be providing a solid seal again. Expect to have to do this every other game until you can find some replacement o-rings. Unfortunately, the rubber doesn't handle the cold as well as it should.. plus delivery from Asia and may times it's too dried out to be worth a damn. For my GBBRs, part of my pre-game ritual is a solid mag and bolt carrier lube pre-pre-game day.

For more info, check out this thread: http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=107493