Krytac Question

BeltedCoyote

Hey all, 

I'm new here, so please forgive me if I'm not supposed to make a post like this yet. I did my intro and a mod gave me a great reply and pointed me towards a great thread for beginners like me for gear. I have a question for those of you who are far more experienced than I with regards to the gun i'm looking at. 

This may come off as a bit long-winded, but please hear me out (read me out? idk lol). I played around with some crappy dick's sporting goods airsoft as a kid, had little wars with my neighbors and it was fun but I put it the hobby down because I had no idea that this was a sport as popular, maybe more so globally, as paint ball. Anyway, I've been turned back on to airsoft thanks to discovering some good Youtube channels (silo entertainment, Novritsch (sp?), Dutch the hooligan, and Desertfox). If I'm honest, i like the idea of being a sniper,  but i'm not willing to shell out the money it takes to get a spring sniper set up at this point. I want to get an AEG which will be solid and reliable enough for me to be able to use it for several games, so i can get a feel for airsoft without having to deal with a gun that keeps breaking down and or needing to be replaced. 

I was originally looking at a KMA m4, but after digging around in this forum, I saw that a lot of the more experienced people here have had some issues with KWA. My budget is about $200-$350 (i don't want to break the bank, but I want something that will last through my inevitable noob phase), and i've found this: https://www.evike.com/products/63627/. 

For the more experienced people out there, do you think this would be a good first aeg? I like the idea of being able to reach out and touch someone like a sniper, but I also know i need to be able to play the assault role while i get used to the game. 

What do you all think? 

Anything Krytac is worth it. It will be money well spent on your end. Very well engineered guns built to be good to go out of the box and last a long time.

Old school KWA was where it used to be, but the corporate world took over the company and did what they do best, run small businesses into the ground to maximize profit gain. Anything after circa 2012 from KWA is error prone with shoddy quality control, crap materials, and a now useless customer support. If you can find a used KWA from the 09-12 era, they are worth their weight in gold (assuming they still have original parts). Otherwise, just avoid KWA.

Dont expect any AEG you buy to be better in range than any other AEG out there. Range is literally the same regardless of AEG type, brand, etc (assuming stock configuration). The difference comes in the hop-up and barrel combos that you create to stabilize the flight of the BB. Take that Krytac, ship it to a tech and have them install an R-hop, and then you will be set and ready to reach out beyond most others with it.

Assuming that "cyber Monday" deal is only good till midnight, you may want to hit it quick.

Seriously, you wont go wrong with Krytac

Anything Krytac is worth it. It will be money well spent on your end. Very well engineered guns built to be good to go out of the box and last a long time.

Old school KWA was where it used to be, but the corporate world took over the company and did what they do best, run small businesses into the ground to maximize profit gain. Anything after circa 2012 from KWA is error prone with shoddy quality control, crap materials, and a now useless customer support. If you can find a used KWA from the 09-12 era, they are worth their weight in gold (assuming they still have original parts). Otherwise, just avoid KWA.

Dont expect any AEG you buy to be better in range than any other AEG out there. Range is literally the same regardless of AEG type, brand, etc (assuming stock configuration). The difference comes in the hop-up and barrel combos that you create to stabilize the flight of the BB. Take that Krytac, ship it to a tech and have them install an R-hop, and then you will be set and ready to reach out beyond most others with it.

Assuming that "cyber Monday" deal is only good till midnight, you may want to hit it quick.

Seriously, you wont go wrong with Krytac

Awesome man, thanks a ton! As for the cyber deal thing, if i could grab it now I would, but I've got a few hundred left to go on this semester's tuition and then i'll be going for the gun .

And an  R-hop huh? i'll definitely keep that in mind, thanks!

Dont expect any AEG you buy to be better in range than any other AEG out there. Range is literally the same regardless of AEG type, brand, etc

I'll have to respectfully disagree with you on that one. Tokyo Maruis, Krytacs, and certain platforms like M14s all seem to have better than average range out of the box, at least in my opinion