Greetings All

BeltedCoyote

Howdy

Coyote here! I found this forum when I was looking into getting back into airsoft. I dabbled a bit as a young lad but never truly did anything "official" (mostly just running around in the woods with childhood friends and the like). Anyway, I'm interested again and was looking for somewhere to find out about events and fields in Indiana. I am a bit of a newbie as I have yet to get any gear. I'm the sort of guy who likes to do a bit of research before I shell out any money on something. So I'm coming here with two goals: 1) to find out where one goes in Indiana to play and B:  what should i be looking for as far as starting gear. 

Thanks for reading and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Edited by BeltedCoyote

Hey there. Games and events of all types and sizes are happening all over IN at any given time. Chances are you are going to have to do a bit of traveling to attend something. Unless you get lucky and live near a field. As you can imagine, during the colder months here Airsoft events tend to slow down. So keep your eyes on the event section here. And if you don’t mind driving out of state events are also always an option.

As for starter gear, everyone has a slightly different answer at least when it comes to weapons. But the general rule of thumb to keep in mind is that typically you get what you pay for. As long as you have good eye protection, good supportive boots/shoes, and a way to carry water to keep hydrated you should be good to go. The rest can come later as needed. We do have a “noob” section here that has many answers to your questions.

Welcome to the madhouse. I look forward to seeing you on the field.

~Joker

• 2 weeks later...

I dabbled a bit as a young lad but never truly did anything "official" ...

:lol: You say that like any of us are 'official' or 'professional'. This is a hobby and frankly the best part of it is simply the people/friends you'll meet. Some of my best memories from airsoft are the group outings at *insert some poor random restaurant here*.

Regardless, welcome!

Hey coyote, mind telling us what part of Indiana you're from? I'm from the Muncie area and we have a field (Claypool aorsoft) and a couple of teams in the area. We'd love to have you out anytime and will be happy to show you our gear and talk about pros and cons. Look forward to meeting you