Unintentional Full Auto Issue And Other Questions

Kevin13

As the title says I have an issue where my gun goes full auto while the selector is in semi. It's happened 3 times now. Luckily it was while I was in my back yard (not every time.) I don't want it to happen while in a semi only game or field. It seems to happen at the end of my clip shooting eight to ten rounds. One time there were about three BB's left in the clip. Not sure on the other two. Has anyone else had this problem? Not sure if this a selector issue, a gun issue or a mag issue. I have reached out to a gun tech, I saw in the gun tech thread, about looking at this gun as well as cleaning and re lubing it. I also have one in pieces i bought i'd like rebuilt, from previous owner, not that that has anything to do with my question.

My next question is probably silly but at my last game, which was only my second time out (impact noob day), I called my self out five or so times not knowing if it was a stick, branch, bush, bb or whatever. I know when in doubt call it, but is that a common problem or is it just my newness.

Last question is there any where in central Indiana to buy gun batteries? I have looked all over. I've ordered online but I just bought a new gun and didn't realize my batteries don't fit in the stock. I want to shoot it now.

Thanks

I have matrix 8.4 1600. i believe they are called bigs........ could be wrong on that. I'm looking for butterflies. I'm guessing you are the guy I met at Jokers on noob day. If so you were quite helpful and thanks for that. But if I remember correctly your shop is located quite a ways away from me.

Didn't answer your question I bought a Krytac LVAOC 

Edited by Kevin13

Yep I'm about two hours from Indy (but I can ship to you as well) and thanks for the compliment. I truly appreciate it.

Ask any tech. Airsoft guns are extremely imperfect machines. Tolerances are sloppy, materials are crappy, and frankly many break if you look at them funny.

That being said there is a little thing call the 'yaw bar'. This little POS job is to slap the trigger blade out of the way when the gun is set to semi. It fails.... A LOT.... It fails even more when people half pull while using semi-auto (meaning that the user releases the trigger before the yaw bar does it's job of detaching the trigger) and sometimes this cause the yaw bar to get locked out of the way and allow for full auto instead.

I have a kinda of high end support weapon and it has moments where the trigger mechanism jacks up and locks the thing into full auto and no response from the trigger. It's a good time!

What platform are we talking here?

It's an ICS CXP. I bought it used. It's been pretty reliable other than those three times.

The benefit you have from having an ICS CXP is that it's a split gearbox.  You can work on the upper and lower separately and independently.

HRTurner may be spot on, but I'd also have a look at your selector plate. 

Best case scenario,  your selector plate need to be replaced from being cracked or broken.  Also, check the switch itself.  It may not be engaging the selector plate entirely.

• 3 weeks later...

To answer your second question. You have it right, when in doubt call yourself out. But after some time you will get better about identifying what is a direct hit and what may be random foliage or whatever. Like most things it just takes some time and experience. Until then just keep doing what you're doing and you will be alright.

~Joker