Screaming at someone that "you know you are hitting them" is the most unsportsmanlike like thing in airsoft. Although it is hard not to, don't take it personal. You did the right thing in de-escalating the situation, but don't let someone bully you into it. The bad thing about the situation is that there really isn’t much that you personally can do as the one being yelled at, it is up to the others around you to step in. The best bet is to always call an EO over in that situation, but the outcome will likely always be that you are determined to be out as the EO typically has no knowledge of the situation at hand and has to make a fair judgment call in which both parties are now out. Sometimes you truly don't feel it when you get hit, but even then it is NEVER ok for the one shooting at you to call you out.
It is a sad aspect of the sport, and one that I have zero tolerance toward. No matter who you are or what team you are on, if you see someone screaming at another to call their hits, it is your responsibility to tell the one screaming to either shut up and knock that shit off of get the hell off the field. That behavior never belongs on the field. If someone complains that another is not calling their hits, which does happen, then the response is simply to just keep shooting them. If you are near someone and watch them get hit and they not call it (either cheating or just unaware) then it is your duty to inform them politely that they just got hit and are out. I stress "politely," especially if you are on an opposing team. All it takes is "hey man, not sure if you felt it but you just got hit in the plate carrier." 99% of the time they comply. For the remaining 1%, call an EO over.
No matter the situation, it is never acceptable to scream at someone that you are shooting at to call their hits. Even if they are blatantly cheating, don't ever yell it if you are the one shooting at them. When I see people do it in my games, they are immediately removed from the field and flat out banned with extreme prejudice. I don't care about the situation, who started it, etc, I hold zero tolerance for that behavior and will not ever allow it.
Don’t let the fuckups of the community ruin the first experience for you, because I can promise you that because of the above reasons, it is not very common to have someone do to you what happened today. Take it with a grain of salt, and keep it in mind when you see another player shouting the same things at someone, and step in, especially if it is someone on your team berating someone of the other team. It is how we keep the game fun for everyone. Lead by example here and others pick up on it pretty quickly.
Edited by Hanback, 08 April 2018 - 08:51 PM.