• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Itchytriggerfinger

Itchytriggerfinger

Sheeple

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

My 11 year old son is desperately wanting to get into the airsoft hobby and we have a few guns. Is there a place near Fishers where he can participate? My biggest worry as a father is someone 3 or 4 times his age playing weekend warrior and getting extreme with him.

Thanks in advance for any information.

ghostface320

ghostface320

Forum Novice

• Authorized Sellers
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

There is no place super close to Fishers that I know of.  With him being 11 he would need you (guardian) to play with him on the field at most events.  Not trying to scare in anyway but 11 is a young age to start at in my opinion, not saying that it is bad or anything, but just be careful.  

You posted this question in the wrong section of the forum as well, they might shut this thread down.

Itchytriggerfinger

Itchytriggerfinger

Sheeple

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
Thank you for the response and I apologize if this is the wrong place. My son has been around firearms his whole life and he's very big for his age (5'6" and 175 pounds) so physically I think he can handle the physical aspect. Are guys generally good with first timers when it comes to helping with the rules?

Joker

Joker

clown

• Global Moderator
  • 1,813 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IN
Generally most players are very welcoming to new/young players. They may use adult language (not at anyone in particular) or seem intense during a game but I think we have a good group of people. I started playing and hosting at the age of 10 so I know first hand what it's like. I encourage young players and help as best as I can. My field in Bloomington hosts a Noob Day annually for new players. I know it's a bit of a drive but new and younger players are always welcome at my field.

~Joker

amazonwoman

amazonwoman

Sheeple

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSpencer, Indiana
In my experience, age don’t matter in airsoft! Most players in our community if not all, have been kind towards new players old and young. I have allowed players 10 + sometimes younger at my field. A waiver must be signed by a legal guardian and the player. One important thing to note is integrity in airsoft in calling your hits.
Also some parents even end up playing!

Endgame

Endgame

The Royal Prince of Zamunda

• Global Moderator
  • 2,293 posts
  • LocationWest Side Indianapolis

My biggest worry as a father is someone 3 or 4 times his age playing weekend warrior and getting extreme with him.

No need to worry about that.  We regulate our own.  If necessary, we eat our own too.  No one gets out of pocket, and if they do, they don't remain out of pocket long...or they simply don't remain.

Your son will be in good company.

Regarding a field, you may have to drive a good ways away to get to a field.  There's one in McCordsville that WilliamC runs,  Amazonwoman and her husband run a super nice field near Seymour and then there's another couple of fields south of Indy (Spec Ops and Battlegrounds).  Past those, there's Blast Camp and Sherwood Forest up north, but those are at least an hour or more drive away.

Itchytriggerfinger

Itchytriggerfinger

Sheeple

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

No need to worry about that. We regulate our own. If necessary, we eat our own too. No one gets out of pocket, and if they do, they don't remain out of pocket long...or they simply don't remain.

Your son will be in good company.

Regarding a field, you may have to drive a good ways away to get to a field. There's one in McCordsville that WilliamC runs, Amazonwoman and her husband run a super nice field near Seymour and then there's another couple of fields south of Indy (Spec Ops and Battlegrounds). Past those, there's Blast Camp and Sherwood Forest up north, but those are at least an hour or more drive away.

Thank you. He has zeroed in on the mccordsville location and we're going to try and make out soon. I think it's only 20-30 minutes away.

ghostface320

ghostface320

Forum Novice

• Authorized Sellers
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

McCordsville is a good place to go, I might be at the next game on the 31st.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users