4 replies to this topic

ReaperBoy

ReaperBoy

Sheeple

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

I was thinking of buying the new licensed glock.

Do you guys have any thoughts on the manufacturer?

Thanks!

Rex

Rex

Papa

• Authorized Sellers
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationAnderson, IN

Well, this is quite the can of worms you have opened. haha. 

From my perspective the argument is as follows:

Question: Would you like to pay more for a product already on the market and in doing so support the intellectual property owner (i.e. Glock)? 

If "Yes": Buy the EF/VFC (i.e. Stark Arms) and pay $160.

If "No": Buy a Stark Arms (or better yet a WE or TM) and pay $80-$140.

Again, I'm oversimplifying. 

Sturm

Sturm

Forum Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

I like WE Spec "G" series pistols, and I'm not going to let a license agreement pressure me into a brand.

That's not to say Stark Arms' pistols don't have merit. I think VFC sidearms need less work out of the box.

Edited by Sturm, 14 November 2017 - 05:22 PM.

Joker

Joker

clown

• Global Moderator
  • 1,818 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IN
If you plan to keep your Glock stock and not do any sort of external upgrades and trademarks are important to you, then yeah I could see you getting one. If you ever plan to say change up your slide or something later then you might save yourself a buck and get one of the other versions.

I have and frequently use a Glock that is well over a decade old. I believe it started out as a TM and had been upgraded with a metal slide. I'm not even the original owner and it's still kicking ass all these years later.

~Joker

broken

broken

Rain Man

• Authorized Sellers
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationLafayette, IN

If you plan to keep your Glock stock and not do any sort of external upgrades and trademarks are important to you, then yeah I could see you getting one. If you ever plan to say change up your slide or something later then you might save yourself a buck and get one of the other versions.

~Joker

With the EF glocks, the hammer will need replaced sooner rather than later. The one bad part on the Stark Arms Glocks is their weak hammer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users