• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Isamov

Isamov

Sheeple

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Very new to the hobby. Extremely excited to get going with it. Just bought myself a CYMA tactical AK47 w/ forward grip. Will post a pic soon as it get here next week. Really wanting to get into the Milsim ops I see around here, any advice? Should I play a few casual games and learn the game first or go to an Op soon as I can and just play. I'm 27 so not just a new kid on the block, I can learn quick and very observant. Again super excited to play. Hopefully see some of ya soon!

Kronos

Kronos

Just call me Qo'noS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • LocationCarmel, IN

First off, welcome to the forums! Make sure to take a look around and figure out where to find everything, and check out the rules as well.

So to answer your question, I'd recommend playing some casual games before you start getting into MilSim ops, figure out how the game works and get the basics down. Once you do that then I'd say start playing some MilSim-esque games, especially because MilSim can get expensive with all the gear and cost of entry. Figure out what you like running, and go from there. I'd say try and go to as many games as possible here in the next month or so, because come early December is when "offseason" starts for airsoft, and events normally don't start back up until late February, early March. 

Also, I don't know if you did research on your gun or not, but very solid choice. CYMA makes some of the best AKs on the market, they can go to Hell and back and still function flawlessly. Again, welcome to the forums, and hope to see you out on the field!

Isamov

Isamov

Sheeple

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Awesome. Thanks for the input. I'll spend some time checking out all the forum rules and such. And thanks for the gun compliment. I did do a bit of research before I decided. I was going to do a sniper setup with a bolt action rifle, but took some advice and bought the Cyma for its reliability and AEG function so I can just learn and enjoy the game.

Joker

Joker

clown

• Global Moderator
  • 1,769 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IN
Very nice choice on your weaponry. I'm a big AK fanboy. Kronos pretty much nailed it. Start off with open plays to figure out how you like to play and what you may need to do so. Don't be afraid to ask questions while playing, we are a pretty friendly bunch. Shake some hands and introduce yourself, it goes a long way around here.

Welcome to the madhouse.

~Joker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users