Photo

Hey Guys, I Have A Cyma Ak47 A. I'm A Noob.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Isamov

Isamov

Sheeple

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Just bought the gun to get into Airsoft. Really wanted a Sniper but listed to a bit of advice I heard and decided to get a basic sturdy AR and just learn if I enjoy the game. So I'm waiting on my rifle to show in the next week and can't stop thinking about getting in. So was wondering what do you think of my rifle? What should I upgrade? What should I watch out for? I wanted a decent AR that could serve as a DMR as well, what can I do to get it to act more like a DMR? Any advice at all in general is also appreciated. 

Noxtoof

Noxtoof

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Global Moderator
  • 548 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, Indiana

Wait. Did you buy an AR or an AK? Also, can you link the gun you bought? There isn't really enough info to give you a good opinion

Endgame

Endgame

The Royal Prince of Zamunda

• Global Moderator
  • 2,266 posts
  • LocationCastleton

So, I look at it like this:

AR is AR

AK is AK

DMR is DMR

Never the twain shall meet.

So, with that being said, I echo Noxtoof's question.  What are you working with?  Answer that and we can better supply you with opinions and suggestions based on what you have.

Most upgrades are simple like inner barrels, hop up nubs and buckings.  Keep it simple until your weapon ceases to be simple anymore.  If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.

NebAnon

NebAnon

Legionairhead

• Global Moderator
  • 293 posts
  • LocationBloomington, IN

So, first thing I can think to say here is that, airsoft guns are all kind of similar in function; especially AEG's. You can make an AK shoot the same as an AR in airsoft. If you'd so please, you may have a DMR mp5 even. It all comes down to barrel length, air seal, and spring tension mostly, with all the extra little things to make it happen. But the easiest and quickest upgrade is typically a tight-bore barrel and a better hop-up setup. That being said, get out to games and use a working gun till it doesn't work. From my experience, once you open up a gun, prepare for new issues popping up... maybe I just have bad luck. But seriously, go out and use your gun before you try to make it "better" because it just opens up a can of worms. I... uh... have a few guns that I "upgraded" that are in kit form at the moment. 

Kranman

Kranman

Sheeple

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Wait. Did you buy an AR or an AK? Also, can you link the gun you bought? There isn't really enough info to give you a good opinion

I think that he thinks thay AR stands for assault rifle. If that's so then the post makes a little more sense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users