Leaving Town

Bigcovfefe

Greetings everyone!

Forgive me, I used to have an account on here years ago, but I've since forgotten the pertinent login info, so I've created a new one, and want to add an updated introduction.

My name is Jacob Latham. I'm 22 years old and haven't been in the Airsoft scene for 6 or so years now. I was, as most boys often are, immensely into Airsoft throughout my childhood and into my teenage years. Along with my friend, I attended 2 or 3 large events in the area years ago, one of them being a 2 day overnight event - such a blast!!

I've come to the point in my life that many others come to where I've realized that I need to part with the large collection that I've amassed in order to prioritize other things such as family and school. I have a truly one of a kind and high-quality collection of guns and gear, including a truly unique Mantis from RHF (the last one ever made) that I'll be listing in the classifieds section shortly.

I'll be leaving the Bloomington area, probably for good, in about 10 days. Since this has been my home for most of my life, and the vast majority of Airsoft memories that I hold have happened here, I thought it would be ideal to pass on my collection, if possible, to the local community.

Thank you all for mainting such a strong and great community here in Bloomington! I look forward to speaking with some of you more soon!

Always sad to see another player go, especially someone I haven't met yet. 

Losing the time for all the hobbies I enjoy is probably the scariest thing I'm just now starting to learn about 'growing up'. At the same time though, it's still possible to retain some things here and there. I've met plenty of fellow airsofters working full-time with families that still find time to enjoy the sport, but it's not for everyone unfortunately. I feel like airsoft as a whole is a niche hobby, and every departure feels like a giant gap in local communities.

Anyway, I wish you luck in your future. GGWP.

Snuffles, I agree with your sentiment entirely. Airsoft has been a incredibly enjoyable aspect of my life, and I will definitely get back into it down the road.

Noxtoof, I believe it was Sniperguy or mantisniper - like I said, it's been a while since I've logged on.