G&g Cm 16 Srxl Problems Replacing Rail

MineralWater

Hey Everyone,

Recently I purchased a new rail to install on my G&G CM16 SRXL but I am having issues taking the old hardware off.

I need to remove the section that is threaded onto the receiver but I do not know how to take it off. I have purchased an AR wrench to see if that would work but it did not. I have no clue how to take any of the things currently threaded onto the receiver off. I am asking if anyone has any idea on how to remove the currently threaded items off the receiver so that I can install my new rail. Thanks.

(Not my photos but same model of gun)

http://imgur.com/x3Vx6Wf

http://imgur.com/yH8StUt

Have you removed the faux gas tube? If it goes all the way through the collar piece (or whatever it's called), it may be preventing it from turning.

I have removed the gas tube as well as the gas block from the gun. I still can not get the octagonal ring that the gas tube was once attached to off. It has very little play in it when I try to twist it off or pull. It looks like the octagonal piece is floating around the inner piece that is threaded onto the receiver. I have no other ideas on how I would remove this octagonal piece. I've uploaded an album of pictures I have taken of the gun and what is currently left on it. Hopefully these pictures can help.

http://imgur.com/a/Abip4

A few years back I had a G&G CM16. I had the same trouble with getting the rail off. Mine had a different ring than yours, but I was able to remove mine by taking out tiny hex screws on the side of the ring. I'd check to make sure there aren't any tiny screws or keys you still need to remove. 

I've checked for any remaining screws and I did not find any that were visible. Any other ideas?

Let's see, spit balling here.

It's a clockwise thread right? Not a counter clockwise thread like a lot of the flash hiders?

It's also possible they put a little glue on the threads.

I believe it is clockwise. I'll give it a shot and try to use a bit more force when twisting it. Thanks.

Use a heat gun or hair dryer first. It'll help break down the glue (if there is any). Boiling water can be used as well.

I had no luck getting it off. I've contacted G&G directly and asked for help. When I figure out how to remove it I'll post instructions for other G&G SRXL owners so they can do it as well. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

• 4 years later...