M60E4 Durability

Voodoo

I bought the A&K M60E4/MK43 I was wondering if I let someone borrow my weapon, and they trip and fall on it, should I worry about the gun breaking, or it hurting them? lol This zombie game we are gonna play requires that they borrow it. The gun comes in the mail today, so I was just wondering if it will be ok to let them borrow it.

Personally, It all depends...This question is like asking.. "If I play football will I get hurt ? " There are too many variables to consider.

I only loan my guns to people who I know will pay for damages or replacements. I will never loan any of my guns to a new player or irresponsible player.

ex. This one player who will remain nameless begged to borrow gun off of people at Night Fury. When he asked me, I said "No" he then got upset and I said "look if you have 300 dollars, I will let you rent the gun" " but since you can not keep your stuff secure why in the hell would i let you borrow mine". This was after he had already lost the mag to his "new" gun not even 5 minutes into the game.

Some guys on here have back-ups they rent to people at games... They generally make the player pay a damage deposit that way if the gun is broke or damages they are covered.

If it were me I would not loan a new gun to a person esp. at a zombie game. After hosting several of these now, they get very "up close and personal"

Crimson owns several A&K 60s ...I would pm him about the specs of the guns and issues he has had.

ex. This one player who will remain nameless begged to borrow gun off of people at Night Fury.

Haha. was his name ?

Edited by PELI

Im not going to say his name... But In 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court

for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a

maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today,

still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune.

If you have a problem - if no one else can help - and if you can find

them - maybe you can hire: The A-Team.

He is a member

I've owned the A&K M60E4 for about a year now, the only fail point on it is the magazine. If messed around with the mag will fall off the plate that it's supposed to be held on to and the feeding tube will get ripped out of the box mag. Now, that being said, it's a 5 min fix tops, I've let this be my number one loaner since I bought it as I only bring it and my TAR to games. I haven't been worried about it breaking at all, one thing you do want to is make sure the feeding tube is tight before you go into a game tho, I have had one instance where the feeding tube came out from inside the gun, that was about a 15 min fix being as I have decided to not bring tools to skirmishes anymore because when I did people expected me to fix their broken guns for free on the spot, which I decided was pointless because I went to skirmish with people not fix guns. That being a personal issue, I could have fixed it quicker if I had a pair of pliers and a flat head. I have to say the gun is very durable and I highly doubt that it will ever break, the front hand guard might but other than that it's a very solid gun. Just remember to check you feeding tube and make sure the mag is secured to the gun and you will be perfectly fine.

Fact: Every airsoft gun will break at some point...Loaning your weapons to others will only quicken the process...

A moderator with an attitude, cool, counter productive but whatever.

It seems as though putting personal experiences with the gun that is in questions isn't a good idea with the moderator here. Too bad, I guess having any sort of experience with a gun is worthless on this forum, or any experience at all since all they will do is cut you down. Oh well, there's always other places to post about this kind of stuff.

Take it easy Shade. All 50 was trying to do was give advice to Reaper. What he says is true. There should be no question as to sharing your gun with someone (who may not be careful as you would be with your gun) will speed up the breaking process. 50 is not cutting you down, he is simply saying that there is always a risk to lending your gun to someone.

Please do not take this wrong, I am simply trying to clarify what 50 was saying. There is no reason to be offended or sarcastic.

We are all allowed to express our opinions.

Edit:

I see your post was deleted. Thank you

Edited by Dawson
  • Upvote 1

I am offended, very much so. Also, I wasn't being sarcastic, all of what I said was true. Every time I say anything about a gun I personally have owned and have tested for over a year and then decide to comment about it when someone asks then some other person has to comment back trying to say I'm wrong, they don't even own the gun, I do, there is a huge difference between owning a gun and reading something from a forum about a gun. Quite frankly I'm pretty sure I"m going to leave this forum as it is the most hostile forum I've ever been on, or at least I won't post anything on this forum since everyone has to post about how stupid I am or something of that nature. I expect so much more from moderators I guess.

Shade no offense but owning a gun for over a year does not denote that you are wise enough in its ways to tell someone everything they need to know about it. Understand that many of us have earned reputations in the community not by voicing our opinions, but rather by playing the game and allowing people to know our character is true.

You will gain credibility by using your 100 guns, not telling us about them. If I wanted to ask someone about the reliability of an M60 I'd go to Crimson or hrturner as they've both fielded different M60's for Years and put hundreds of thousands of rounds through them in IAA, AI, AO, and Lion Claws events throughout the midwest.

• Upvote 1

I am offended, very much so. Also, I wasn't being sarcastic, all of what I said was true. Every time I say anything about a gun I personally have owned and have tested for over a year and then decide to comment about it when someone asks then some other person has to comment back trying to say I'm wrong, they don't even own the gun, I do, there is a huge difference between owning a gun and reading something from a forum about a gun. Quite frankly I'm pretty sure I"m going to leave this forum as it is the most hostile forum I've ever been on, or at least I won't post anything on this forum since everyone has to post about how stupid I am or something of that nature. I expect so much more from moderators I guess.

The poster asked whether his gun would be ok to loan... I don't care with you loaned an Abrams tank. in the wrong persons hands it is going to break.

Furthermore, please indicate in my post where I stated that you where wrong...

If you want to leave the forum that's ok... But i can assure you if you take this type of behavior over to the other Indiana forum. they will boot you faster than you can say "BOOMSTICK"

As far as the forum being hostile you have brought that with you. I don't care if you have owned a million guns. the fact remains all guns break and loaning them out only increases the chances of that happening.

My post needed no further explanation. Seems everyone got it but you...

I would be interested to know what you posted. Please feel free to PM me with your views on airsoft, guns, or life in general.

Umm....I was just wanting a little imput lol not for Shade to rage quit the forum. I only ask for a little consversation, and we got all kinds of problems, well either way I understand what you guys were saying about it. Thanks, and Shade dont quit the forum, youve helped me with some decisions for my M60 and such, so you are pretty intelligent. See ya guys.

Back on topic....

I have seen a player take quite a fall on an M60 that he was loaned. I cant recall if he broke anything or not (if he did it was the carry handle) the gun still functioned just fine. I dont think the carry handle on them are built quite as strong as they should be for that heavy of a weapon. And as Shade mentioned the box mag has issues from time to time. But I think dropping it or even falling on one will be ok. After using one this weekend I think they seem pretty solid. And if there was any gun of mine I would feel ok to lend out to someone I trusted I think it would be an M60.

But again just to repeat what others have said, be aware that things can and do happen. Accidents are just that. So dont be upset or surprised if your gun comes back in peaces. Good luck!

~Joker out....

I was in A barn for CQB down here at a local skirmish, Half of me went through the floor and my M60 went FLYING, Pulled myself up, picked up my m60 and continued the day.

Shade_Angel: Calm.....down. Seriously. We've had this talk twice already. This is your last warning. No exceptions.

Fact: Every airsoft gun will break at some point...Loaning your weapons to others will only quicken the process...

Yep. I usually won't lend out a gun unless I really know the person.

The A&K M60s have, strangely, been getting rave reviews from experienced gun techs. They tend to be fairly stable if you don't jack with them from their internal configuration sans gutting the whole Mech Box.

That being said, its a version three mech box and is ready to take all after market parts. So, have a ball.

You don't realize you have a very serious problem and I guess I'll be the one who catapults this thread to the wall of infamy, but so be it.

You want a respect and credit that you simply have not earned. Your attitude of knowing it all, and complaining because people don't take you seriously denote that you simply don't know how the logic of small community of relatively well knit people work.

If you think this forum is hostile to you, maybe, just maybe, you should think that your behavior is also part of the problem. But sure, blaming it on others is far more comfortable and does not force you to leave you comfort zone.

And now on M60: logic dictates that a bulky big gun will be a magnet on nasty hits happening to it due to how weight and gravity work. In the last year, Rob can tell how even the high-end ones (Inokatsu) do break due to people tripping and falling with them on. However, that can happen to EVERY gun; the bigger the size, the nastier the hit. Simple physics, basically.

• Upvote 1