Rex

Do Not Purchase "Services" From HopSystems.com

This review is not necessarily related to the quality of work provided by HopSystems; instead, I will be focusing on the customer service (or lack thereof). 

Nearly two months ago, Nox and myself purchased barrel milling and r-hop installation services from HopSystems. We were instructed to ship our barrels, buckings, and hop up units to their address. This is where the trouble began.

A week after our shipment was received by HopSystems, and after not receiving any form of receipt confirmation, I emailed asking if they received our items. They responded later that day stating that they did indeed receive our order. In this email, and on their website, they stated that the current que time was 2-3 weeks.

Two weeks later (3 weeks after our items were received by HopSystems) I once again email asking for an update. Hop Systems responded the next day explaining that they required an additional 3-5 days to complete our orders. (It would have been nice to be notified of this and not have needed to request the information.)

One week later I emailed again asking for an update since their extended timetable had passed without any communication to Nox or myself. The next day, HopSystems responded with a picture of multiple orders ready for shipment with a caption stating our orders would be in "this weeks batch." 

A few days later I receive a shipping notification, but the carrier never showed that they had received the package, so I emailed HopSystems again asking for a shipping update. We are now at week 5. They respond the next day by saying they were confused by there being 2 orders in our shipment (even though both Nox and I notified them of this in multiple emails). 

A few days later (approaching week 6) I receive a call AT MIDNIGHT ON SUNDAY NIGHT from an employee wishing to discuss how the prowin I sent isn't the best hop up to use. This is over TWO WEEKS after I received a shipping notification. My wife and I were both sound asleep when we were awoken by the call. I politely explained that it was midnight and that they should call me the next day.

Two days later, I receive a call around 8:00pm form the same employee. He once again wished to up-sell me on purchasing one of their Lonex hop up units. I repeatedly asked why I was only hearing about this after they had the barrel and hop up for nearly 6 weeks. Instead of apologizing and offering an explanation, they instead tell me that they performed more work on my unit (reassembled the hop up and the barrel) even though we did not pay for that service. I asked why they asked for us to send our hop up and buckings if we didn't pay for that portion of the service. They offered no explanation. At this point both Nox and I are pissed and we demand them finish the work and return our property. 3 days later my barrel arrived.

I cannot express  just how unprofessional and outrageous these guys are. If you EVER need an r-hop install, go to one of the folks on the forum. The only reason Nox and I went to Hop Systems was for the barrel milling needed on our PDI barrels. 

I was going to send my stuff to them, but then I found out about a guy on reddit that does all of that and is highly reviewed. I got my stuff back 3 days after he received it.

Should have sent it to Rabid gerbil or myself. We turn out barrels fast. S hop, R hop, any style of bucking you prefer, although we recommend a couple, and we do prowin, ares, krytac, etc...hop ups. We even have a new method where we don't have to modify the hop up arm at all. We have verified, by multiple people, and marked off, consistent shots between 280ft to 340ft.

Echo, you may recall that I did ask you to r-hop my barrel, but you were not comfortable milling the window which is why Nox and I sent our barrels in. We figured that since their r-hop charge was similar to yours we would get both services done at the same time. If I purchase a square cut window barrel in the future, I'll likely just flat hop it.

The stock PDI windows are angled which provides for a very small space to make contact with the bb. It isn't so much an elongation of the window as it is removing the slant of the window to make an even square, similar to the ZCI and Prometheus barrel.

Ahh. So why not just get one of those other barrels? Both are very good quality without ripples down the barrel. Hell, I'm running a steel, black powder coated lonex right now, it has ripples down the barrel and it still gets 300ft accurately.

Yikes. Sorry to hear you didn't have a good experience. I can vouch for RG and his tuning abilities, all of his guns seem to shoot crazy straight!

He once again wished to up-sell me on purchasing one of their Lonex hop up units.

LoL, remember when I said Lonex > ProWin? :P hahaha. Really though, thanks for the information. 

I believe there is a thread back in gun tech that I had commented on the best barrels to R-hop, G-hop, F-hop or whatever to use. Windows in certain barrels are just not good for any modification other than maybe Sugru. 

I did try machining barrels for longer windows in hoping to gain better performance, but was sadly disappointed in an AEG. I have never tried to elongate a barrel for a sniper rifle, but hear that is where it's at for that format. 

My advice is to use a barrel with a good square cut window, these will take pretty much whatever you would like to throw in it as an R-Hop. Buckings are a personal choice, but I do prefer the g&g green bucking myself. 

As far as the 300', I have not gotten an AEG shooting 400fps to get those distances accurately. Now an HPA gun, that's a whole different story. This I have witnessed more times than I can say. (sadly lol) 

I'll look into the gun tech section to find my write up and recommendations and try to link it here. 

Totally bummed at the treatment and service you have received from these people. 

http://www.airsoft-indiana.com/forum/index.php/topic/4174-r-hop-and-barrels/