My Son And I Are New To Airsoft

Wildman

Hello everyone Im 39 and new to airsoft. I used to play alot of paintball back in the 90s so when my son (who is 11) wanted to try airsoft i jumped all over it. Basically we are just shooting each other in the backyard and plinking cans to get better. We are currently using spring guns to get started but will mosy likely upgrade sooner or later. Does anyone know of any fields/clubs in the columbus area? Thanks

Hi, welcome to boards. I always think its cool when a dad gets involved with his kids in the sport. There are a couple fields in Bloomington and MCC is in Spencer. I believe Boneyard is pay to play, the Circus routinely has events many of which are free, MCC is by far, the largest field in the area and has a mix of free and pay events.

Thanks for the info. I have already learned alot about airsoft by reading posts. Such as what gear is good bad and ugly. I beleive we already went through some bad and ugly guns lol but i didnt want to throw down alot of $$ up front until i was able to see how much w would like it

Welcome the the forums, check out the member map and the "Team Discussion" forum to see people and teams near you. If you see a game coming up that you'd like to attend, comment on the thread and ask if anyone there will have a rental, I know a good amount of guys who always. Ring an extra gun they'd gladly lend to new player. The guns from the "Classifieds" are a great place to start if you're looking for a nice gun. Hope to see you and your son on the field!

Welcome! Tomahawk and Neb are on point. Keep the mindset you have about reading a lot before you buy cause that will save you tons of money down the road haha. Don't be afraid to just show up to a game to check things out before you buy anything. Like Tomahawk said, you can usually always rent or borrow a gun from someone. Just make sure you have some good, full seal goggles

Yeah definitely going to do my research before we upgrade our guns. At least go with a brand that is mainstream and get away from the box store stuff. My son is down to just his pistols since his rifle broke (downsidr of cheap stuff) at least it was somewhat accurate before it broke for the small price i paid. Im using a cybergun shotgun and taurus pt92 (berretta knockoff) i know they arent top end by anymeans but so far they seem to be decent for what i paid. Wish i knew .12 bbs suck before buying 10k of em though lol

Hey you have to start somewhere and in my opinion starting with cheaper guns like springers will make you a better player in the long run. It's what I started using all those years ago. And if you guys are having fun together that's all that really matters in the end.

I can't wait until my kids are old enough to Airsoft with me!

Welcome to the madhouse that is Airsoft Indiana. Hopefully I see you on the field soon.

~Joker

Welcome!

Awsome to see you guys doing some research.

Starting with the basics isn't a bad way to do it; you'll gain valuable information that way.

Even if you don't have a whole lot, it's good to get out on the field and check things out.

Edited by Sturm

Thanks guys. We attended the open play at indy battleground and had a blast despite the spring guns. I actually had 7 kills over the courseof the day. Of course i was killed at least twice as many though lol

Hey there. Welcome. I'm still relatively new myself and started the same way. My son is 14 and we have good times getting out and shooting at each other. Nothing makes my son feel better than shooting me (I'm not sure what that means :ph34r: ). At any rate, he is somewhat close to your son's age so look us up at some of the guys. I'm sure he would be happy to meet your boy.