We Gbbr Barrel Upgrade

Sturm

Hey, I'm looking for some upgrade advice that is surprisingly sparse for this gun. (Outside the realm of hurr RAtech cnc'd stuff, hurr CWI triggers, hurr real steel)

I'm swapping barrels and installing an A+ bucking, which diameter would be best for a midlength (363mm HK416) GBBR?

I was watching for restock on an Angry Gun 6.03 360mm and now it's finally back in stock. The 363mm WE-Tech barrel protrudes by a few mm past the threads right now and the Angry Gun 360mm might actually be flush.

My other option is an RA-Tech 6.01 370mm, which is probably going to stick out a bit more, normally I wouldn't mind this, but I actually want to keep Amplifier and tracer unit functionality. The general consensus on Amplifiers is that they work better if the inner barrel enters the amp a tiny bit but not if it's too far in. The 363mm actually doesn't enter the Amplifier at all, so I suppose shorter isn't going to hurt.

Which would be more useful for making the rifle viable at medium/long ranges? It appears that 6.01s increase close quarters accuracy but require higher quality ammunition and need cleaned frequently, whereas 6.03-6.05 is medlong and Orgas, 6.023 etc are good for GBBRs that can put out the PSI needed for it. With CO2 magazines kicking out 565FPS with 0.20s, I wouldn't have any problems with the Orga and an NPAS. Problem is, there's no WE hop cut Orgas right now and I'm not sure I want to mess with cutting VSR barrels.

TL;DR; Jesus, I shouldn't write when I'm tired. 6.03 360mm Flush-with-outer Angry Gun VS 6.01 370mm protrudes-bit-more-than-stock-barrel RA-Tech barrel.

Edited by ProPainTank

Angry gun 6.03, reaps A+ bucking or Angel custome "v" teeth bucking, and angry gun metal H nub, also change out the hop up to the angry gun aluminum CNC hop up. You will get a tighter air seal, and more adjustment from it.

Thank you, ordered the Angry Gun 6.03 from RWA a few minutes ago. Reaps A+ sitting in a box behind me. I'll grab the Angry gun Hop up chamber in two weeks.

I'm not having any luck finding an Angry Gun metal H nub, do you mean Angel Customs?

Edited by ProPainTank

lol no worries, just wanted to make sure I didn't order the wrong thing. (Angel Customs was the only thing coming up)

I appreciate the help and expertise.

Edited by ProPainTank

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the parts installed... Dear God. had an 80 fps increase and the bucking is way too powerful for 0.25 tracers, even at low hop. I'll test it with some .40's tomorrow. I might have misaligned the hopup but that's an easy fix.

Thanks for the advice.