Paintball Indianapolis Indoor 12-20-15

Chronos

I'm just gonna say straight up, this is gonna be an honest review, no pulled punches or something not disclosed due to it being a newer field.

Myself and Williamc went down to Paintball Indianapolis last weekend for the 5v5 tournament, and I have to say I was quite underwhelmed. First, this event ended up being a 2v2 instead, because of how little people showed up. The scenario was decent, but just poorly executed. Overall, I think each team got to play about 5 minutes each, and that was from game start at 1pm to about 3:45pm. That is not what I wanted to be doing, and was a total waste of money. It was $30 per player, and I wouldn't have even payed $10 for it if I had known how little gameplay I was gonna get. The entire process was overcomplicated, when all it needed to be was a 5v5 (2v2) kill tournament, not some scenario game.

Pros:

Decent scenario

Very nice management

Surprisingly good hit-calling

Prizes were actually pretty good. 1st place got money from each team's entry fee, and everybody else got a pretty decent pistol case. 

Cons:

Field is small...as in, probably the size of 2 garages put together with a second story on 1 on those

Was told full-auto was acceptable, but ended up being semi-only (not really a big deal, other than that they changed it right as we started)

Not enough play time

Overpriced

Overcomplicated

No ref for the field once free play was finally allowed

Overall, an ok field for players local to that area, but in my opinion it wasn't worth the drive or the $35 for entry and bbs. 

Edited by Kronos
  • Upvote 2