Mccordsville Halloween Night Op 10-24-15 Aar

Sturm

The weather wasn't very pleasant, but that wasn't the main issue. I don't know how many non-regulars were there, but we definitely had some issues with guns shooting hotter then they should've and MED being violated. (I'm not excluded from MED being violated - Somebody opened up on the LSV in full auto at 10 feet, and I returned fire as he engaged. we trade-killed, no doubt both of us walked away with some pretty bad welts. [my leg was bleeding at the end of the day] my apologies to whoever that was.) I heard complaints from the first round (Which I sat out, had to install my NPAS) about abnormal velocities as well.

We had a couple of injuries: Someone's goggles weren't sealed tightly enough and he almost lost eyesight. Driver of the LSV (My older brother) had one of his teeth chipped mostly off via a hit to the lip - something which could've been prevented by a lower mask and more strict engagement rules. It was bad luck that it hit where it did, but there's no reason to be hitting the thing at <20 in full auto. Couple of the bbs managed to almost go through the wood on the back. Both complained about abnormal velocities. If we bring the jeep back, we'll have to make improvements to the design and alternatives to hitting the passengers. (Clay disks mounted on top?) My brother really appreciated the help after it happened though.

If you hear somebody call Blind man, it normally means that something's f**ked up and the game needs to halt for the time being; Mags out, Hopups cleared. The sport is about staying safe and having fun. play safe, play honest, and play fair.

Pros:

- Was able to field my WE 888 for a bit - My jaw was agape when I chrono'd it without the NPAS. I don't remember if it shot 470 or 560 with 0.25s, it shot (In cold weather, mind you) much hotter then any gun I've ever shot. CO2 for the win. With the NPAS it shot around 390, which is perfect as long as you play carefully.

- Got to pew with people I haven't seen in a while

- Gunning in the LSV...

- New people!

- More experience with my new weapon platform.

- Got a bit of footage

- Zombies! Even though I wasn't able to stay around for this. You guys sounded like you where having a blast.

Cons:

- Honesty... All kinds of people complaining about tanking hits and abnormal welts. I would imagine the rain makes it hard to see if shots hit though.

- Weather could've been better, nobody wants to risk rain or damaged batteries.

- The injuries. Expensive injuries.

- That trade-kill in the LST, ouch. you lit me up.

- Wore out my bolt-catch, I'll have to order one.

Closing words:

It was great to get out and pew with other Indiana Airsofters, but a couple of things could stand to be tweaked.

It might be time (IMO) to start enforcing the use of lower masks - Bandanas can be risky, but it's better then nothing. It reduces the risk of freak accidents. For a suggestion: Neoprene/Stamped Steel work best. The new STEELMOUTH is a great alternative to full lower masks - made to go under balaclavas. Stamped Steel is the only thing that will truly stop hot bbs. Back teeth can also be injured with enough force.

On Chrono's - They exist primarily for the safety of players, higher velocity doesn't give you a better advantage (worth using), only an increased chance of injuring someone. We shouldn't have to make sure people aren't quick-swapping springs, chronoing with heavier .bbs, or adjusting external regulators post-chrono. This is why certain fields make you chrono with and/or use in-house bbs (Ignoring the profit gain), and this is why Tournament locks exist. Watch your MEDS, watch for hands, and keep your fire selector on the proper mode.

No hard feelings, just constructive criticism. Expect a short Aar video within the next couple of weeks.

Edited by ProPainTank

Despite the rainy weather, I overall had a great time being publicly called out by WilliamC and having a target on my head most of the day  :D Thanks to Will and everyone for coming out to make the event happen. I had a good time as always.

Pros

- Good amount of people showed

- Little to no hit calling issues for me. Although tons of people complained about it on my team. Most likely over estimating their gun's range or something..

- The LSV(? if that's what it's called ?) being used in some of the games. Vehicles always make for more fun with airsoft

- Field is perfect this time of year, good mix of brush and open area

Cons

- Gun issues, lel (and thanks William  ;) )

- The constant rain throughout the day. Luckily this didn't lead to fogging issues for me

Overall I had a great time. The use of the vehicle and the good amount of players made for some great gameplay. I'll see everyone next month; if not, then after Winter time. I think ProPain Tank hits on a lot of important things with FPS. Watch what you're shooting at and make sure it's enjoyable for players, especially the newer ones.

It might be time (IMO) to start enforcing the use of lower masks - Bandanas can be risky, but it's better then nothing. It reduces the risk of freak accidents. For a suggestion: Neoprene/Stamped Steel work best. The new STEELMOUTH is a great alternative to full lower masks - made to go under balaclavas. Stamped Steel is the only thing that will truly stop hot bbs. Back teeth can also be injured with enough force.

However, I do not agree with the enforcement of lower face masks. This is exactly why William has the waiver. It allows players to have freedom with what they want for protection. Full seal eye wear is important, but I do not think mesh masks should be enforced. As for your brother, it is unfortunate that his tooth was shot out, but he did read and sign the waiver, knowing this was completely capable of happening. So I do not think mesh masks should be enforced. That's just my .02 on the topic.

I just want to let everyone know that said guns in question where re'chronoed and presures checked. All aegs where in field limits to be able to use.  The weather may have played a part in some people getting a little closer then they may have should.

Im sorry a few people got hurt. But we take the chance once we step on any field. My wife can tell you about her face full of blood 2 years ago.

I feel I did everything I could do at the time. Guns were chronoed. and when the tooth got shot. The game was put on hold for 20mins or so. Then the game was endex do to injury.

And due to what has happened saturday. No more trucks or gokarts or tanks ect. will be used on the field into i can make a general set of rules for said vehicles.

And due to what has happened saturday. No more trucks or gokarts or tanks ect. will be used on the field into i can make a general set of rules for said vehicles.

I believe you did everything you could as well, R&U on the red text. My brother agrees on the decision and is looking forward to the new rules; he wanted to apologize for his attitude if it offended/hurt anyone after the incident happened, as it was directed at the situation and not the people... He's also sorry if the vehicle caused any issues.

However, I do not agree with the enforcement of lower face masks. This is exactly why William has the waiver. It allows players to have freedom with what they want for protection. Full seal eye wear is important, but I do not think mesh masks should be enforced. As for your brother, it is unfortunate that his tooth was shot out, but he did read and sign the waiver, knowing this was completely capable of happening. So I do not think mesh masks should be enforced. That's just my .02 on the topic.

I've always been super paranoid about face-pro, normally it's not enough to intrude on the affairs of others though, lol.

Optimally I would want others to be as protected as I'd protect myself, but that's (again) just my pipedream. Not everybody wants to wear bubble wrap.

Edited by ProPainTank

Well, this was my first time at the field, and I had a decent experience, even with the rain. I enjoyed being able to get back out one last time before the winter hits, and I'm glad I could do it at my team's field. 

Pros:

Got to meet new people and pew-pew with them

Got to finally play on the McCordsville field

No gun failures (thank jebus)

Cons:

Terrible hit calling. It wasn't a matter of range overestimation like Basic said. When somebody visibly flinches and turns away from the direction of the shots, that's a hit. period.

Weather. There's nothing we could do to stop it, but I can say it made for an interesting second game.

The MEDs were definitely not followed. I was hit by a SAW gunner at 10ft, and it definitely was an extended trigger pull. At least have the decency to do a short burst instead.

Overall, a decent game for Indiana. I've never been able to have a perfect hit-calling game, so it's normal for there to be issues. I'll just have to use full-auto next time instead of being a decent person with semi.

Kronos out, and I'll see you all next year folks!  :machinegun:

Well, this was my first time at the field, and I had a decent experience, even with the rain. I enjoyed being able to get back out one last time before the winter hits, and I'm glad I could do it at my team's field.

Pros:

Got to meet new people and pew-pew with them

Got to finally play on the McCordsville field

No gun failures (thank jebus)

Cons:

Terrible hit calling. It wasn't a matter of range overestimation like Basic said. When somebody visibly flinches and turns away from the direction of the shots, that's a hit. period.

Weather. There's nothing we could do to stop it, but I can say it made for an interesting second game.

The MEDs were definitely not followed. I was hit by a SAW gunner at 10ft, and it definitely was an extended trigger pull. At least have the decency to do a short burst instead.

Overall, a decent game for Indiana. I've never been able to have a perfect hit-calling game, so it's normal for there to be issues. I'll just have to use full-auto next time instead of being a decent person with semi.

Kronos out, and I'll see you all next year folks! :machinegun:

Sorry new to using the quotes on here but kronos that may of been me I was running a full size 249

Anyways

Pros

Saw new people at mccordsville

Shot some new guns

Guns fired great

Cons

Left early

Weather

Hit calling

All in all will be back soon as he post another event and hopefully it's not raining

Firstly, I wanted to apologize for any Purdue guys that were not calling hits. We had 4 guys that this was the first game they had ever been too and with the addition of a partial language barrier with them being international students, this could have occurred. I plan to bring all of this up in our next meeting. Don't be afraid to come up to us and say something, we won't bite :)

Pros:

Good turn out

The weather(kinda) - it was interesting to play in the rain for the first time

Great field like always

Only had 1 instance where my gun jammed this time. 

Cons:

Hit calling - I started to put extra rounds into everybody to get them to call it at the end of the day..sorry about that :(

Weather - I got wet and my camera got a lot of footage of water droplets on the lens 

The vehicle - The vehicle really didn't work well this time

Injuries - We all take this risk whenever we play, I feel bad it happened and I hope he's ok

One extra note, as far as I understood, the rules only have MED's for guns over 400fps. I just wanted to point this rule fact out. I know getting a burst of 5-10 rounds at close range sucks, but it isn't in violation of the rules if it is 400fps and below. I know I don't light people up at those ranges. Just pointing this out is all. Don't shoot the messenger..

All in all, a good day in my opinion. Got to meet new people and sling bbs. What else can you ask for? 

If you hear somebody call Blind man, it normally means that something's f**ked up and the game needs to halt for the time being; Mags out, Hopups cleared.

Didn't attend, just want to clarify this. The above situation you are describing is a "Cease Fire". The term "Blind Man" means something happened related to eyesight or eye protection, like someone being shot in the eye or caught not wearing eye pro. The main difference between the two is that in a "Blind Man" situation you do NOT want to clear your weapon. You may remove your mags or simply put weapons on safe, but stop firing immediately. And in both cases you should remain in place unless you are near the incident and are helping fix the issues.

That's in a nutshell anyways. :)

~Joker

A Cease Fire was said and put out over radios. But there was someone yelling blind man when they where walking down the trail.

But a Cease Fire was called.

Didn't attend, just want to clarify this. The above situation you are describing is a "Cease Fire". The term "Blind Man" means something happened related to eyesight or eye protection, like someone being shot in the eye or caught not wearing eye pro. The main difference between the two is that in a "Blind Man" situation you do NOT want to clear your weapon. You may remove your mags or simply put weapons on safe, but stop firing immediately. And in both cases you should remain in place unless you are near the incident and are helping fix the issues.

That's in a nutshell anyways. :)

~Joker

Good to know!