Introduction

Lothsun

Hey everyone. I'm new here. Been interested in airsoft for years just never had the funds to get into it. I'm starting to be able to afford some things an I'm looking for a group to play with and learn from. I'm in from Evansville in southern Indiana.

welcome to the forum. I would recommend a bit more detail in your intro like what type of gear you are looking to run with as well as what type of weapon platform you are looking to get.

Hey! A lot of the people from Evansville play at Silver Spur Field in Princeton, IN. Princeton is about a 40 minute drive from Evansville. Easy drive, and totally worth it in my opinion. $5.00 for all day admission. No rentals though so you will want to have gear before you come up. Many people come in every Saturday and play all day. Field opens at 9 AM and closes at 5 PM. There are woods, a "town" area and an "alamo" area. Popular game modes are team deathmatch, infection. Down pilot, defend/attack the alamo, etc., are also played often.

As for gear, a lot of that is up to preference. On the North side of Evansville there is an army surplus store that is fairly nice and has a lot of gear for a reasonable price. As for guns, you could use websites like AirsoftGi, Evike, AirsoftMegastore, etc., but there are retailers. However, they require travel time. BGAirsoft is located in Bowling Green Kentucky. You can order online at bgairsoft.com or go see them in person. They have a great "back lot deals" section. You can buy used guns. Typically they're trade ins. If anything is broken it has been repaired and/or replaced. I bought a JG S-System from them for $95.00 and it works perfectly! Bowling Green is a couple hours away though. A little further south you have Nashville Airsoft. Naturally it is in Nashville, TN. You can order online from them as well if you would prefer not to travel down there. I recommend going somewhere and seeing/holding some though to see what you like and what you think you would want. The guys at both BGAirsoft and Nashville Airsoft are very nice and helpful. Even if you are new and know nothing they can show you what you need to know.