Hi. New Here And Would Like To Learn More.

Ph1lluminati

Hello Airsoft Indiana, my name is Phil and I'm a very casual airsoft player but would like to change that. I used to play a lot of airsoft but most of the time it was in backyards and with little to no tactics. I'd be really interested in coming out to a game one day and learning the rules of the game. I don't have a loadout or anything. All of my guns are spring but I have a Bravo BV7 sniper and its pretty good. Seems like I need heavier bb's tho the wind blows em away. Anyway that's all I have to say enjoy the rest of your day :P

Well. You came to the right place, Phil.

I'll just throw this out there now: buy less, research more. Google will be your best friendthis in this adventure.

Also, this forum has a wealth of info. If you have an idea of what you are looking for, style of playing, gun/gear type, there is plenty in the way of topics that cover such.

Example: When I first joined up here, I wanted to pursue a support role in the form of squad automatic weapon(SAW). After reading more about that role, I realized I couldn't do it justice. So, I switched to a more, we, direct role with launchers and plenty of ammo. Sweet and simple, and I enjoy it like nothing else.

TL;DR Welcome. We have several awesome games coming up. Perfect time to join in the fun. :D

Cheers!

~Red 2

Welcome to AI! The community here is by far the best community I have ever seen and everyone helps everyone here. Like Red said, research and google is your best friend, try to decide what role you want to pursue, (support, riflemen, sniper, etc etc) and make sure it fits your play style. Also try to take things slow, don't immediately jump into milsims, you might get overwhelmed with what you see.

Another thing is PLEASE be honest on the field, other than that you'll get along fine!

Edited by Angel

Just a piece of advice, don't try to go for sniper as your first role. Newer players (since backyard play doesn't really count) tend to want a lot of kills really quickly, and you aren't going to get that with being a sniper. I'd suggest to start out as just an assault player, and ask people at games if you can try out their guns for a bit to see what you enjoy.

My 2 cents - don't use .12g BBS, they are the arch nemesis of gearboxes across america. Also your first rifle should be a g&g combat machine.

My 2 cents - don't use .12g BBS, they are the arch nemesis of gearboxes across america. Also your first rifle should be a g&g combat machine.

Definitely agree on the .12 BBs unless you're using them as throwaways or tester BBs.

As far as first AEG choice, that can be anything.  Just depends on what you want to spend. My first AEG was an ICS PCR-97 MIL4AS (they don't make them anymore) and it was an excellent AEG.  Lasted me 9 years before I sold it for something new.

We kind of have a saying around here - "Buy once, cry once".  It's another way of saying You Get What You Pay For.  Just be aware of where your money is going and you'll be alright.

Avoid the springers. I'll vouch for g&g. Cheap to buy and hold up to the abuse. Get one stock and customize it over time. You have any questions feel free to pm me. I'm happy to help.

An AEG is likely going to be your best bet (CO2 powered can also be good of course)  if you plan on going to fields and playing. A spring operated weapon is going to be tedious if it isn't just your sidearm that is spring-powered (planning on sniping though may make a spring powered option not too bad, though).

Although I am new, I have been doing a lot of research on different brands, models, playing styles, etc. I second the above post on G&G. I just bought a JG M4 S-System used at 95.00 and it is has a railing system which makes it perfect for easy attachments. I recommend trying to get one that already has a rail system just to make it easier in case you want to add optics, flashlights, grips, etc. I have also heard good things about KWA and ARES. BGairsoft.com has "back lot deals" for used guns guaranteed to work, and depending on your location in Indiana it may not be a long drive to travel to Bowling Green, Kentucky to look at the selection in person. I have dealt with them and they are easy to work with and provide great customer service in person.

As for BBs, I am currently using .25 biodegradable for my JG as well as my spring-powered Firepower sidearm. I would ask about which size would work best for the gun you are using and also make sure you are buying quality BBs that aren't likely to cause damage to your gun.