Gas 93R

desertfox1995

I am looking at a airsoft GBB KJW 93r for Christmas. Does anybody know if it would be good?I ask since it's a semi automatic and full automatic pistol

Google for reviews. We aren't here to spooonfeed you the information you can find by simply googling for reviews on the pistol in question. If anyone here has some experience with the KJW 93r's I'm sure they'll be glad to post their experience, but in all honesty you need to do some research and decide for yourself.

Now, knowing that you're looking at the KJW model, I would recommend against it, considering your M9 from them can't even hold enough gas to get through an entire magazine. Plus, the full auto capability, while cool, is counter-productive because it just increases the wear and tear on the gun, which will result in it breaking faster.

I have to agree with Ace on the increased wear on a gun from full auto sentiment.  Unfortunately, it's a fact of life in airsoft.

Fully automatic pistols have a tendency to break down a lot faster than your standard GBB or NBB.  I personally stray away from them.  Yes, they're good for shiggles from time to time, but you'll find yourself dumping more ammo, and by practice, more money into something that you probably won't use much unless you're strictly in a CQB setting.

If you're hell bent on getting one (a full auto handgun), I'd advise against the KJW M93 and go towards something more proven; Tokyo Marui, KWA, and some WE models.

I have a HFC m93r in near brand new condition in the classifieds

as for wear every gbb is going to wear down and break they make them all cheap so you can throw money at it to fix or replace it

if you want a full auto pistol get one they're fun  yes they blow through gas and are inaccurate and  will eventually break a part  or two but this is the case with 90% of the GBB pistols  just depends on how much you use the gun.

the FA sear often breaks and it is a 6$ part to replace same as the trigger spring.

• Upvote 1

as for wear every gbb is going to wear down and break they make them all cheap so you can throw money at it to fix or replace it

if you want a full auto pistol get one they're fun  yes they blow through gas and are inaccurate and  will eventually break a part  or two but this is the case with 90% of the GBB pistols  just depends on how much you use the gun.

Pretty much all this...

Will say that mechanically Semi auto wears out faster. Full auto is simply object in motion staying in motion. SA requires a metal bar that rubs against the metal slide in order to disconnect the hammer (aka stop the gun from firing). It's the one part I've seen wear out faster on all GBB's than any other part.

• 2 months later...

I think people don't understand the concept behind the machine pistol. They're not designed for extensive full auto fire. The fun mode is meant for emergency cover fire.

The last post on this thread is older than 90 days.  Please refrain from necroposting unless adding pertinent information.