Indy's Battleground

Marbleizer2003

Hey Guys,

My name is Josh. I am the noobest of the noobs when it comes to Airsoft, and I know almost zero about it. However,

I am also the new owner of Indy's BatleGround in Greenwood Indiana. Right now we only cater to paintball but I have always wanted to try and get some Airsoft out there (because I want to shoot some of the gear you guys bring out.) So I am posting this to see if there would be any interest in playing in central Indiana. Also, to see what  would be your needs and wants to have on field and in staging (BB's, power strips for charging, ect.) to make it easier for you. If I get enough of an interest I would like for you to come out and teach me some things about Airsoft. Plus I would definitely like to jump in and sling some BBs with you guys.

Thanks

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marbleizer2003

• Celsius

• Endgame

• williamc

I would definitely go. Greenwood isn't too far from me. I think you're spot on with things that we would need. Maybe even a place to fill up gas for p* users.

Thanks for joining, and welcome. I would come down and check the field out. I think your spot on. bb's, charging areas. and I think hpa for the p* guns.

Very modest! I'd come check you guys out. I do however have some concerns with competing with your pb clients. How much room do you actually have? Is there a website I can find out more about the facility actually? How do your typical games run? Would we be able to take over the entire place for day?

We run only HPA at our field. I believe if we keep Airsoft and PB players seperated by one field we can run both at the same time. However our insurance does require that all Airsoft players must wear a full face mask that would also be accepted for use with paintball. If we have a large enough intrest I would have no problem letting Airsoft players take over the whole place. Typical games we run out there slapstick games (domination style) 10 minute reinsertion games. We also have VIP games, supply run games, and attack and defend style games that we have built an 80' x 80' CQC building we call The Brig. There are some pictures in the "Fields" menu at www.battlegroundindy.com

I think I've driven by your place heading down to Bloomington and parts further south.  Definitely would stop in and give it a whirl.

Do you keep the place more or less clean? I am asking this for a very simple reason: I have played in paintball fields before and it sucks to clean paint from the gear. It invariably ends up looking like hello kitty camo and when that happens on expensive stuff, it´s a pain.

Other than that, if you arange games on a regular basis, you can possibly count on a nice group of people.

I would definitely be down. Not a far drive for me at all. And could definitely bring guys with me to. My main thing is I dont have or like the paintball mask so would those be available?

Hey Josh, welcome! One of the guys here was talking about talking to you about playing airsoft at your field. I take it that's why you're here? As far as equipment, most of us are self-equipped, so you'll want fast charge stations for batteries (NiCad, NiMH, LiPO), HPA tank fillups, and BBs (at least .25) available.

Why don't you join us on a game or two sometime? You're at the tail end of the season (probably just like paintball), so we're just gonna armchair commando pretty much until March or so. There's a game coming up in Bloomington this coming weekend, and WilliamC's got one coming up too. Those are probably the last two local games of the season, unless Camp Arthur pulls something up.

My main thing is I dont have or like the paintball mask so would those be available?

I have this concern as well.  Some guys don't have full masks to wear.  Would goggles and a shemagh be acceptable as face protection?

FYI, I have a mesh facemask.  I'm just speaking for those who do not.

I've been driving by the place a lot lately, either attending other Airsoft events up north or transporting one of the kids to their other grandparents or something. I drove past it yesterday now that I think of it. I have been meaning to stop by and take a look around. I am very happy to see you have taken the initiative and signed up here to learn more.

Welcome to the mad house.

~Joker

I understand that the masks would be a concern and I wish i could let you wear the mesh lowers and goggles but as per my insurance policy all players must wear face protection approved for paintball (not my call). However I do have plenty rental masks available. As for the condition of bunkers, buildings and vehicals, it is a paintball field and there will be paint on most things players hide behind, not a whole lot i can do about that. I should be able to get BBs. any special wieght that you would prefer? I should also be able to set up power strips for charging, though I am not sure what you mean by "fast charge stations". Any of you are free to stop by any weekend and talk to me and check the field out. Just look for me, I'm the guy with the purple mohawk.

Some things can't be helped, and the last thing we would want is to put you at odds and at risk with your insurance.  Adapt and overcome.  No big deal.

Regarding the paint, I'm sure it can be washed off.  Also, not a big deal.

As for the BBs, the typical standard weight is .2g or .20g (same thing).  Some use heavier weights like .25, .28, .30 up to .40g.  My suggestion is to start with .20s and .25s and go from there, unless someone else has a better suggestion.

Regarding the paint, I'm sure it can be washed off.  Also, not a big deal.

Dont assume this! WRP said the same thing about their "water-based" paint. It is most definitely not water based and doesn't clean up at all!

Josh, welcome. Any chance you'd ever allow use of the whole facility for an airsoft only game? One of the big reasons much of the community has avoided working with paintball fields is due to the whole mentality of the business trying to run both sports at the same time. The style of play between the two sports is drastically different. PB - lends itself to quick 20 minute games where as much paint as possible can be flung. Airsoft on the other hands lends itself to being more drawn out with multiple objectives spread over a large area. Not to say that there isn't any interest in short 20 minute games but the majority of players will get bored with this quickly.

Just some quick thoughts. Definitely glad you have offered up the facility! Looking forward to getting something working.

For you guys who run HPA, like I do. I stopped there once on a rainy crappy day to get my air tank filled, and the staff was more than cool. They had some questions about their air compressor, and they have my info so they can call on me to fix their stuff, but they were really eager to get things going with airsoft. Josh, we really appreciate the olive branch as to getting us on the field. We will work with you guys to help bring airsoft to your field as well as making it a reoccurring outing. Please ask any of the staff for input, we are more than willing to help.

Dont assume this! WRP said the same thing about their "water-based" paint. It is most definitely not water based and doesn't clean up at all!

Thanks for the heads-up, Rob.  Never been to WRP, but have paintballed before and the paint washed off, albeit not too easily.

Not all paint is the same, unfortunately.

I understand that the masks would be a concern and I wish i could let you wear the mesh lowers and goggles but as per my insurance policy all players must wear face protection approved for paintball (not my call). However I do have plenty rental masks available. As for the condition of bunkers, buildings and vehicals, it is a paintball field and there will be paint on most things players hide behind, not a whole lot i can do about that. I should be able to get BBs. any special wieght that you would prefer? I should also be able to set up power strips for charging, though I am not sure what you mean by "fast charge stations". Any of you are free to stop by any weekend and talk to me and check the field out. Just look for me, I'm the guy with the purple mohawk.

I have no problem on cleaning a bit paint out of my gear (nothing a worn out toothbrush cannot do!) but when you step out looking like Barbie paramilitary sensational fest I could have a problem.

I have played in other paintball fields that were relatively clean and had no issues afterwards. I second Rob´s thoughts: how many people would you require for us to rent a large part of your area for a day?

Dont assume this! WRP said the same thing about their "water-based" paint. It is most definitely not water based and doesn't clean up at all!.

All of their paint was vegetable oil based and stained everything.

All of their paint was vegetable oil based and stained everything.

I'd swear the Devil inspired that.

Or cheaters.

Or both.

Anyhoo, this all sounds very promising, and now that I think about it, I must have driven by a couple of times without realizing it. It's a nice little sprawl.