Green Gas Pistols

Boogietrain7

im in the market for a green gas blowback metal pistol but i dont know what i should go for or avoid if you can help me out that would be greatly appreciated 

Roy, remember just a few months ago you asked about mag compatibility, which I found just by typing out your question on Google. Try to be more helpful here.

BT7 - start with a gun model that you'd like, and narrow down your search from there. I find that adding the words "gbb," "airsoft," and "review" help. Some of us may have used them before and could give you a personal opinion but you gotta get some of your own research started out.

• Upvote 2

I do not use 1911´s. That said, my safe bets (brands I have used) are KWA and KJWorks. In the past I heard some terrible feedback about WE 1911´s. Other than that, I cannot say more. 

Arguably the best 1911 on the market is Tokyo marui. Spend the money now on quality, so you don't waste money on garbage and require a new gun sooner down the line.

TM pistols arent too hard to come by, you missed me selling a TM 1911 with 3 mags for $150. Ehobbyasia.com and WGCshop.com are 2 i suggest to look at for a new one, itll cost about $180 for the gun with just 1 mag. 

I have a both a Tokyo Marui and a WE. My nephew has a KJW (I think) Both of mine are really nice.  His KJW is iffy at times, but damned accurate.

Just be sure one thing.  Whatever you do decide on, keep it lubricated and maintained or it will fail you.  And definitely make it a point to never press your release valve on your magazines.  Could freeze and possibly snap the o-rings on the inside.  Just fire the gun until you empty it. 

I have a both a Tokyo Marui and a WE. My nephew has a KJW (I think) Both of mine are really nice.  His KJW is iffy at times, but damned accurate.

Just be sure one thing.  Whatever you do decide on, keep it lubricated and maintained or it will fail you.  And definitely make it a point to never press your release valve on your magazines.  Could freeze and possibly snap the o-rings on the inside.  Just fire the gun until you empty it. 

To provide some feedback on WE: they have changed a LOT for the better in the last years. I have a G36 from them and I have also tried your M&P. Both are excelent guns.

WE in the past used to suck, but seems like they have improved a lot in recent years.

im going to be a noob with these until i get it figured out ive watched multiple videos on youtube on this topic but its completely different when you have the real thing when or if i get one i will post what i got and if ill just use propane or just regular green gas

Note that if you try to run propane, you'll be running on higher pressures, so pay attention to which brands will work with them. In my experience, WE takes them pretty well. You'll also need a propane adaptor, and something you can use to squirt in a bit of silicone oil to mix with the gas (Madbull sells a more expensive adaptor with a little built-in oil can, but it's also made of metal so it's worth the money). I use a WE M9 with propane myself, and I'm more than happy with it.

Incidentally, Airsoft Extreme (good retailer) has a bunch of TM 1911s in at the moment (by the way, don't run propane on those). I don't remember if it was mentioned, but TM guns are all made of plastic, so that's something to consider. I hear KWA makes some pretty nice ones too.

Edited by targetpractice

also can you guys tell me whats more worth it propane with the silicone or real green gas ik there are the same thing but i want to know should i spend a bit more money on the real stuff or go alll DIY and use propane

The short of it is this - propane is cheaper than green gas, but overall has increased wear and tear in the long haul. Some guns may not even be designed to handle the higher pressures from propane.

Bt7, I had the exact pistol you were talking about. The SOCOM Gear MEU 1911. I will give you a quick run down of it.

The build quality was superb. It was heavy in the hand, had good recoil, and was fun to shoot. I was very happy with it out of the box.

One thing that killed the pistol for me was the hop up. It would not stay put no matter what I did. I would get it adjusted, and it would shoot laser beams with .25's for about 5-6 shots, then they would start creeping down to the ground. Eventually, the hop up would be completely un-tuned.

I tried everything to fix it, but couldn't get anything to work. I'm sure if you went to an OEM hop up system, it would fix this issue, but I couldn't justify the money and work for a gun I rarely used.

The magazines will also fail faster than other brands. The o-rings will start leaking after a little while, but replacing them with quality o-rings will fix this for the long term.

All in all, it's a good pistol. BUT..it will most likely require some upgrade parts soon after use. I bought mine for $140 about a year ago, and then gave it to a friend who was just starting out in the sport. Then I bought a TM 5.7 pistol. MUCH MUCH better hop up. The only reason I sold it was because it couldn't handle green gas, and the slide failed.

I would advise you to purchase the SOCOM Gear if that's what you want, and then immediately drop some money into a quality hop up system and o-ringss. I almost guarantee you will be happy with what you get.

Hope this helps.

Edited by SASQUATCH

If you still want to go ahead with the EF 1911, Echo might have some ideas on fixing the magazine leak. If I remember right, it involves unscrewing the valve and putting a specific Loctite sealant to permanently deal that area in, basically forming a permanent o-ring. Could a drop of Loctite also help to hold the hop-up in place?