Hello From Indianapolis

STAT_Man

Hello everyone, my name is stat_man and I am checking in from Indianapolis.  My call sign refers to my day job as a statistical programmer.  My friend Tom (targetpractice) has gotten me involved in airsoft. I've liked the pictures he has shown me and I hope to get more involved soon with events. 

I am new to airsoft, but have participated in a couple of other related hobbies, paintball and WW2 reenacting.  I don't have any weapons yet, but I do have some gear.  I'm looking into an opfor/insurgent/Russian role, so I'm looking at several AK and pistol options.  Any suggestions?  

Well, that is all for now, time to do a little shopping and try not to max out the credit card.  Hope to see you on the battlefield soon. 

YOU'RE MINE BITCH!!!  Uh, I mean, 'bout time man.  Fun times ahead.  Anyway he's been looking at a Cyma CM48 or CM50, with the blowback disabled.  We'll figure something out.  

Edited by targetpractice

Welcome to AI. Are you the guy he was talking about bringing to the March 8th event?

Looking into an opfor/insurgent/Russian role, so I'm looking at several AK and pistol options.  Any suggestions?  

You have come to the right place. ;) Like Tom suggested the higher-end of the CYMA models will be a good first AEG. You're more than welcome to check out any of our Russian/OPFOR gear and AEGs at the next event.

Welcome to AI. Are you the guy he was talking about bringing to the March 8th event?

You have come to the right place. ;) Like Tom suggested the higher-end of the CYMA models will be a good first AEG. You're more than welcome to check out any of our Russian/OPFOR gear and AEGs at the next event.

Yep, that would be me.  When I did WW2 reenacting, one of my roles was that of kriegsberichter or war correspondent.  I'd like to do something similar at future events if at all possible. 

Broken, what type of programming do you do? 

Yep, that would be me.  When I did WW2 reenacting, one of my roles was that of kriegsberichter or war correspondent.  I'd like to do something similar at future events if at all possible. 

Broken, what type of programming do you do? 

Right now I'm primarily doing web development, mostly in the LAMP stack.

I'm looking into an opfor/insurgent/Russian role, so I'm looking at several AK and pistol options.  

Why can't there be more like you? I'd really like a true American v. Opfor game sometime, instead of two HSLD teams wearing different camos. Anyways, welcome to the forum and hope to see you at some games!  B)

Psst, tp has a secret stash in his basement, I bet you can use this info as leverage to use one, since his wife doesn't know ;). Welcome to the forum!

Hey another Indy guy, welcome! looking forward to seeing you on the 8th, and at other, future events!

(shameless plug)

i know someone wanting to sell a Cyma CM048b, the AKM variant, probably with mags and a battery...just saying. 

Psst, tp has a secret stash in his basement, I bet you can use this info as leverage to use one, since his wife doesn't know ;). Welcome to the forum!

Too late, she already knows.  She went down to the basement the other day to get some beer and I could hear her go "what the f-...."