Javelin M24 Issues.

cowboy914

Okay so I have a Javelin M24. I have only taken it apart to do a teflon mod around the cylinder head and assembled back together. I painted it and let sit til dry time was complete and touch ups finished.

So today it was nice out, no breze, perfect for gettin some target shooting in. As I was sighting my new NC Star 3x9x40 scope in and trying to adjust my hop up to getting shooting somewhat straight, I noticed my Hop up arm on the side of the barrel moving back as I pulled the bolt back and then forward as I locked my bolt into place. My hop up would not be in the same spot where I adjusted it. With that doing so my rounds were everywhere but on the 8.5x11 piece of paper i hat set up. Granted i know they are plastic bb's..

With that said, would ya'll think I might be missing a bolt to hold my hop up in place?, or would ther be something im doing wrong to make my hop up arm adjust itself as i'm jacking in a fresh round? I'm completely lost and any help from a fellow bolt action marksman would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Cowboyup

Edited by cowboyup914

Sounds like maybe your cylinder head is going into the hop up unit, causing the nub to be moved by the nozzle. Make sure that your cylinder head is on all the way, and that the teflon isn't causing it to protrude out more than it should. This is mostly a shot in the dark, but I've had similar things happen with my APS-2 in the past, and ended up having to remove some of the nozzle to fix it.

Oakey, I think your right about the cylinder head. I took a look at it today and marked it with a marker and noticed it was a good few cm into the hop up. But after taking the gun down again and looking at what could be the problem, I noticed that it is in fact the whole hop up unit moving. It doesn't seem that i've lost a bolt or hex srew. Would the cylinder head being too long really make the whole hop up move that much? I wouldn't even know how to shim it correctly. Only due to the fact that it also spins freely from side to side as well. I have redone my teflon mod to be certain that it was not prohibiting the cylinder head to be seated properly. So I know that is not the issue.

I was wondering, I have been told that the javelin M24 is APS -2 compatible by one of the workers at Crazy Cromags. Now with that said, do ya think a APS-2 cylinder be a posible fix for the solution?

thanks,

cowboyup

Hey cowboy.... Go check airsoftsniperforum.com. I'm pretty sure there's a few thread on the javelin m24 there, but i'm not certain. And as far as APS2 compatibility, not entirely sure either.

Acer34p3r, I am also a member of that forum as well. I have checked all related topics and posted this same topic..and ya'll here at AI have been more responsive towards me. And I appreciate that. As far as the compatibility goes i'm not 100% sure either.

From what i've read Endgame, the person says repeatedly that the M24 is APS-2 compatible. So I reckon i'm gonna be lookin' into a PDI hop-up chamber for it and a tightbore barrel as well. Endgame, thanks for that thread, I guess my search was too specific because it hadn't popped up when I researched it.

Thanks again guys.

cowboyup

Acer34p3r, I know, I've been lookin at them and reading up on them these past couple days. But that hop up looks confusing as heck to adjust. I just dont know what to do yet. I'm gonna have to weigh out my options. I think tomorrow i'm gonna take her apart again and see if there is a way I can shim it for now. I reckon i'll check out youtube and see if they have anything on it.

Thanks,

Cowboyup

Edited by cowboyup914

Well today I took her apart and sat ther starin at it. Then that lil' light bulb lit up and I figured out a way to expand the width of my hop up. Electrical tape placed strategically around my unit without hindering its operation. Did a few test fittings. Took away some where it was rubbing and viola! It was fixed. I trimmed a guesstimate of about a cm of my cylinder head as well Filed that down and sanded her with some 320 fine grit paper and she's workin that bolt smoot as butter. I am very happy with the cycling of the bolt and the performance. Tomorow will be target/sight in day weather and wind permitting. I will let ya'll know of our accomplished feats when i'm finished.

Thank you all who put ther' input in on this thread. Ya'll have helped me out alot. Very mcuh appreciated!

Cowboyup

Edited by cowboyup914

Totally random, but I think its totally awesome the way you "talk" on the forum here. you have that (and I don't mean this offensively) "Hillbilly" dialect, which is normally super annoying to read, but with the way you put it, it reads just like a book, and is just awesome ;D

Thanks I guess man. Haha I sure dont know how to reply to that at all but thanks..

No further reports as to shooting solution resolved. Will try'er out tomorrow and hopefully be ready to rock.

Thanks ya'll,

cowboyup

Okay, today I went out to see if my lil' contraption worked. Well it did to an extent. The hop up stayed in place like it should've, but I think I may have a problem with the hop up internally. At the moment if I wanted to shoot someone 'round a corner, I'd be dead nuts accurate. Every shot i'm putting down range is flyin hard left. And I mean hard left. I get out to 'round 75 ft and its turning left harder than Kevin Harvick at Daytona Speedway!

So with that point of this post said.. would that be due to a bucking bein messed up? Or the nub? Granted I have not taken apart the hop up cause with this one I wouldn't know how. I've searched both snow wolf and javelin hop up videos, DIY videos, everything even partialy related to this rifle on youtube and cant find a lick of sense on how I could fix it? Ther' aren't many videos on youtbe to begin with involving snow wolf or javelin M24's.

If ya'll coul give me a pointer or two at what I could be doing wrong I'd more than gladly hear it out. I Live in Marion so If anyone who understands this would like to meet up this weekend and help me out I can drive to ya.

Thanks,

Cowboyup

Is the barrel twisted inside the hop unit? That could be part of the issue. Also, see if maybe the bb could be pinging off of the flash hider/outer barrel at all.

When I checked the barrel it was secure inside the hop up. It wouldn't twist or move back n forth. I haven't removed the barrel from the hop up either. I'm lost now lol. I will open her up again and see if she's loose inside the outer barrel. But I'm almost positive that she's secure in ther'. I'm prob gonna swab her out agai with a patch and see what else come out of it. I've already cleaned her real good once beforehand.

Thanks Acer34p3r,

Cowboyup

Edited by cowboyup914

Did you use a metal cleaning brush on the barrel? If so, you fubar'd your barrel. If it's not pinging off something at the end of the barrel, and the barrel is set in correctly, I am at a loss as well.

Lol no I did not use a "metal cleaning brush". I put a dry patch down my barrel wrapped in the pushrod. I am mighty concerned as well. This rifle aint even a 2 months old! And i'm gettin flyer worse than duck huntin season. Just ain't right IMO. Anybody 'round here got any exp with BASR's? thats somewhat close to Marion?

I've got about 4 years experience with bolt actions. The problem I'm really thinking it is is the simple fact its a javelin. I haven't heard much on the positive side about their guns.

Well tonight I went out and pulled the hop up off. Finally figured out how to remove the barrel and bucking from the hop up unit. I wrapped teflon tape around the bucking and the barrel to get better compression but I cant test it due to it being night out. so that will be next option to try out. But whats really coming to mind is that I think I might have to completely redo the internals to get this right. Thank god I got a M16 to keep me running. So once I get a few more dollar bills in my billfold, I reckon Some PdI pars will be comin to my porch.

Reckon it time to start shoppin 'round. Cause i'm completely dumbfounded..

Cowboyup

Well I tried her out saturday, No hope. Did the teflon mod to both the hop up and the cyliner head and I have seemed to obviously messed somethin up before puttin her back together. I dont know what to do. Whether I should be lookin into gettin some parts for her to do a complete rebuild, or set her aside and get me a rifle that I can play with and tweak her around abit here and ther piece by piece upgrading her as time allows.

Thanks for the help n info guys,

Cowboyup