Double Eagle Tri Shotgun

Peanut

Hello. Was simply wondering what kind of luck and/or opinions anyone had on the Double Eagle Tri Shotgun brands. Im looking into getting one for the CQB experience. I understand I will be at a disadvantage against AEG's. I get that completely. I simply like to change things up from time to time. The DE tri shotgun is around $60 bucks and appears to have good reviews. Would anybody recommend this? Does anyone have other recommendations for other TRI shotguns? I'm not interested in single shot shotguns. Thanks in advance!

In my experience, DE is a brand that I would definitely stay away from. If you're willing to spend more, Tokyo Marui's M3 is your best bet from what I've heard.

I have the UTG Tri-shot (the same thing) and it performs wonderfully in CQB. I would recommend it to someone who doesn't want to shell out $250 for a TM.

• Upvote 1

If you have the time, I'd say go to Indianapolis Indoor Airsoft and actually hold one and maybe test fire it. Nothing beats hands on experience. Oh, they don't have the DE but they do carry the UTG brand ones which are still $60. Plus, you don't have to pay shipping or anything like that. Just a suggestion!

Thanks for the advice guys.

Hey Sasquatch, what model of UTG do you have? I was looking and I really like the standard Combat Tactical model. Do you ever have problems with misfires and or the shells ejecting?

Thanks!

Thanks for the advice guys.

Hey Sasquatch, what model of UTG do you have? I was looking and I really like the standard Combat Tactical model. Do you ever have problems with misfires and or the shells ejecting?

Thanks!

I have the standard full stock model. Not sure what UTG calls it. At first, I had problems with shells ejecting, but silicone lube fixes it right up. Other than that, no problems. Definitely pick up a pack of six shells. It only comes with 2. I find that I usually go through 3-4 shells in a match. You can PM me any questions you might have.

• Upvote 1

From my experience with DE's guns they can be very hit or miss. When I was running my airsoft store I used to sell a lot of DE shotguns. Usually when they worked they worked pretty well for the most part. But more times then not players ended up breaking them. With most things, you get what you pay for and airsoft is no different. If you spend less than $100 on a gun do not expect it to outlast or out preform a gun that someone has spent $300 on. The most important thing is getting out and playing.

~Joker

Yeah I think I have been convinced in getting a UTG. I did a small amount of research and found the UTG brand to be held in higher regards than DE. Thanks for the advice guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey peanut, I'm not trying to advertise for evike or anything, but you can get this

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_47&products_id=37031&osCsid=e9a85aabdbaf1048bc3b6a8042582d36

which is a UTG 3 burst shotgun with rails for $54.4 instead of $68 if you put in the coupon code VGHS which gives you 20% off. I'm fairly sure this is the cheapest you can get it online new, but if you can find a better link go for it. Of course there's shipping expenses but I think it'll do.

• Upvote 1

Hey thanks Gopher. I actually bought a UTG from Indianapolis Indoor Airsoft or IIA as some refer to it. I bought it from them for $75.00. Trying to support the "local" field! :D

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

After you get a good feel for it and play a game with it, PM me and tell me how you like it. I'm considering buying one too