Fraya!

So I've been looking at this - I've always loved the UMP's and prefer them of an MP5 or similar SubMachine gun

G&G UMG AEG Airsoft Gun

Folding Stock, Close Quarter Battle

380x272_airsoft_GG_UMG_A.jpg

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=2649

The only thing that is turning me off of this gun is that it doesn't have a threaded outer barrel. The flash hider is actually part of the outer barrel, I can only think that the reason G&G decided to do this is in order to sell their proprietary parts - like their quick release Suppressor - in order to make a buck..

Is there a way to replace this outer barrel with one that is threaded for 14mm ccw? Being constrained as to how I want to customize a gun is a huge turnoff and bums me out ;)

Thanks all!

Edited by Fraya!

I found this little nugget of information: http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/news2/41055

May not be exactly what you're looking for but it's a step in the right direction.

yea I saw that, but it's a bit nebulous as to what exactly it is.. If the outer barrel is metal, I may just remove it and take it into Lowe's and have them thread it to 14mm ccw..

Honestly Fraya, there's a lot of evidence pointing to 'No' on if you can put any other suppressor on that brand and model. You may have to take the barrel to Lowe's and have them thread it. My BEST advice would be to PM Comrade S_Z or one of the other experienced techs on the forum. They can probably lend more insight to that and probably lead you to a more viable solution.

I did read somewhere that someone had replaced the inner and outer barrel on their G&G MP5 with a VFC SCAR Outer barrel and M4 Inner barrel. But that may not be what you're gunning for. Seems like similar builds to me. Just putting that out there as well.

Edited by Endgame
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

They got the H&K/S&T UMP 45 Competition series out now. I mean it's kinda entry level sport line stuff but it's a decent UMP. HK-2275001-2.jpg