Externals

Trademarks

Magazines

Performance

Modifications

Pros/Cons

Overall

Ordering:

This gun can be purchased at most major retailers. It will run you about $400-$450usd.

Basic Gun Information

The TM M14 socom is a replica of the shortened version of the popular m14 rifle. It is produced by Tokyo Marui, thought by many to be the best airsoft manufacturer in the world.

Included:

The entire package includes the gun, one full metal mid cap m14 magazine, the AEG itself, and an instruction booklet.

Gun Specifications:

Length: 37"

Width: 2.5"

Height: 6"

Externals:

Externally, this AEG is fantastic. It has a solid feel when shouldered with a good texture to the stock. The weight and feel are both very realistic which makes using it a pleasure. The one negative that I noticed was that there is a slight wobble in the front end. It will move slightly which should be fixed by anyone who buys this gun.

dsc_0107.jpg

Trademarks:

TM did a very good job with the trades on this gun. They look fantastic and are very nicely cut in.

dsc_0106.jpg

dsc_0111.jpg

dsc_0112.jpg

dsc_0110.jpg

Magazines:

Although I am not a fan of the size and shape of m14 magazines, the mag that came with the gun performed very well and was crafted well. All the seams are nicely tucked together.

The mag fit in the well firmly with no wobble at all. It had a very solid feel when seated.

Performance:

The performance of this AEG was flat out impressive. It shot straight every time and was very quiet when it cycled. Even though it comes out of the box around 280fps which is a bit low for a DMR style weapon, that can

easily be upgraded to change this AEG into a very formidable DM rifle. The hopup on the socom is incremented by clicks and works well. The downside that I have with it is that the adjustment nob is located in the mag well

so you have to remove the magazine to adjust it. This makes shooting and adjusting the hopup impossible. Another downer to this gun is that the selector switch would work its way around from the rattle and

banging that happens during game play. If you set the AEG to semi auto, after an hour of game play your selector switch will have worked its way into the full auto position. This can be fixed by tightening up the selector

switch screw.

Modifications:

Since this gun is a Marui, there are upgrade parts literally everywhere. No upgrades are absolutely needed out of the box, but what ever you want to do you can.

Pros:

Accurate

Reliable

Marui

Mags

Cons:

Hopup adjustment location

Loose selector switch

Slight wobble in the front end

Overall:

Even though I am not an M14 fan, I would give this gun a solid 7 out of 10 if I were.

dsc_0104.jpg